Can't see where to edit the call to action button at end of my portfolio page

Hello, I created this portfolio page while ago and i’d like to change the call to action button that is at the end of the page but I can’t find where to go to edit it.

TH weird this is that if i just edit the page, I only see text in the wordpress editor and if i click to edit in Cornestone, I can see a page without the text and with the call to action button at end of page but can’t edit it. I can’t remember how i created it but would like to change it.

here the link https://changer-par-hypnose.com/applications/insomnie/

Hello @PierreMeul,

Thanks for writing in!

The button below the “Décidez de changer” is actually in the Portfolio Item Settings. You can get rid of the button by removing the “Project Link”. You can modify the button style by going to X > Theme Options > Buttons.

To know more about the Portfolio Item Settings, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I will check that info to see if I can mange it :wink:

You’re welcome and thanks for testing.

Indeed, I can see that just by removing the “Project link” in the Portfolio settings, both the text “Décidez de changer” and the associated call to action button vanished.

For the sale of understanding the all picture. Where was defined that text and button and how is it possible that just that “project link” install both text and call to action in that portfolio item? I don’t get that and may be you could explain it to me :wink: Thx.

Because what I need to do is to change the call to action button by another one. I can’t seem ti find how to add an element button in there to do that.

Hi @PierreMeul,

The “Project link” button is a function, that has been called on the content-portfolio.php file (portfolio template). Please be reminded that we do not provide support for this type of customization.

You can add your own button manually on portfolio posts content using the Button shortcode.

Cheers!

Thank you, i 'll look into it and if there is indeed some code that were added, I then need to remove it as it become useless for me because I am indeed willing to replace it by another button.

All what was done or coded on this website using the X-Theme was done trough this current support, no extra coding that was not proposed to me by the support.

I will look to find that added code then to remove it and then place a button as you mentioned.

Thank you :wink:

You’re welcome, @PierreMeul. The customizations suggested here in the forum only serve as a guide. The website owner is responsible for learning the custom codes and maintain them. If you’re not a developer, I’d recommend sticking with what’s readily available in X and Cornerstone.

Thanks.

1 Like

Well, there was no coding involved apparently because I found it just setup in the portfolio part here as shown in the screenshot :wink:

Hi PierreMeul,

Well, that’s embarrassing, sorry we did not fully understand your request.

Glad you sorted things out now,
Cheers!

That’s OK, thank you.

On this same topic, I’d like to add a button on that Portfolio page and I do see the link you provided with the Button shortcode. How to I get to add thes code into a Portfolio page to get the button at end of page then (following the design I will choose from this Button Shortcode page)?
Thx.

Hi PierreMeul,

Yes, you can copy the shortcode and paste it to your posts.

You can configure your button shortcode with this options

Thanks,

OK, let me try to find where and how exactly to do that then … I am not sure yet how…

Hey @PierreMeul,

You can edit your Portfolio item in WordPress post editor and paste the following code at the end of your content:

[button type="flat" shape="square" size="regular" href="#example" title="Example"][icon type="headphones"]Square Button[/button]

Let us know how this goes!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.