Can't see posts anywhere

Hi,

I’ve been using X for 6 months and have been really happy with it. I’ve just installed the theme on a brand new site here - HERE

When I preview a post I can’t see anything, no title, picture, or text. Switching to a different theme revealed the post so I know it’s a problem with the theme. I’m also using X theme on THIS SITE and would like the same layout, I’ve set everything up exactly the same but can’t get it to work. I installed an older version of X from another site and it worked fine until I clicked the update button, it then switched to what you see now. I cant see any demo pages or posts, and if I try to edit the page with beaver builder I can’t drop the editor anywhere. To help explain I’ve compared it to what I get with my other site in the attached images.

Hope you can help, thanks.

Hi @darrellrichardsmith

I’ve checked these screenshots and I can see you are using Beaver Builder plugin to build your pages, not Cornerstone plugin, I’m not sure if this is what you want or not?

If you mean that Cornerstone builder isn’t working as it should, then please try the following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If this didn’t help, then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply Alaa!

I tried what you suggested, increased the PHP memory limit via FTP and deactivated all plugins which didn’t change anything. I removed CSS that I added earlier, and I’m not using a CDN. I installed beaver builder as I prefer it, but removing the plug-in and trying cornerstone didn’t help. It seems like the footer is half way up the page, and the nav bar if fixed to the top of the screen blocking off the posts, I’ve also noticed some of the buttons don’t work; Like the filterable index button for example. I will send you a secure note with my login. Thank you

Hi,

Please provide us your username as well.

Thanks

Sorry about that Paul, user name is darrellsmith. Thanks

Hi There @darrellrichardsmith

It seems that your theme files have been corrupted. Since you don’t have content yet, could you please try re-installing your X theme and Cornerstone plugin, and then re-validate your X theme and generate your demo content.

You can use a plugin like WP Reset to wipe out your current WordPress installation (https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-wp-reset/).
Note: You will lose all the current data when re-setting.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi mldarshana, thanks for your reply.

I did actually try installing an old version but exactly the same thing happened when I updated the theme which is strange. I will try deleting everything including wordpress and start from scratch. I’ll let you know what happens. Thanks!

Ok so I wiped everything, reinstalled wordpress and X. It seems to be the same, I can’t see any demo content. I also wrote a test post and it’s not showing when I visit the page URL or homepage, etc.

If you need to look at the site there is now a different password so I’ll send another secure note. Thanks

Hi,

Upon checking, I can see you have enabled filterable index in Theme Options > Ethos Settings which restricts your blog page to show only posts that are included in the categories you have entered.

Kindly remove these category ids as they don’t exist.

Hope that helps

Thanks Paul I did what you suggested. A couple of posts have showed up on the home page, I still can’t see the posts if I click them though. It’s just a blank page on all of them, and my test post. There’s no text or image.

Ignore the last message,

I changed a few settings on the post carousel and it all came to life. I messed with these settings yesterday before re-installing and nothing happened so I guess there was some corrupted files like mldarshana suggested.

Thanks for your help everybody!!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.