Can't save in Cornerstone

Today I simply cannot save in Cornerstone.

I have latest X and Cornerstone.

I have increased my memory also.

Hope You can help

Chris

Same reply as I posted elsewhere. Try duplicating the page. This worked for me.

Install plugin ‘Duplicate Content (or perhaps Page)’ from the WP directory, activate, duplicate the page and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks for answering but I’m avoiding unnecessary plugins.

I believe there has to be other solutions.

Hello Christopher,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Ideally you have to duplicate the page to save the changes in Cornerstone. I checked your website and can see that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. As changes are not getting saved in Cornerstone, please try out following solutions:

1. Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v7 or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  2. Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey

Here’s what I gathered.

1. I’m running PHP v5.6.30. So I guess I have to update this? How can I do it?

2. PHP max exec time is already 300.

3. I increased PHP memory limit to 512M/512M - AND THIS WORKED and I can save. THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

I have only one question, how can I get PHP v7 or later?

Thanks in advance
Chris

Hi There,

Thanks again for writing in!

For updating PHP version you have to contact your server provider.
They only can update it.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.