Can't remove my sidebar

Dear X Theme,
I can’t remove my side-bar from blog page and blog posts. I tried to go to Theme options -> Layout and Design -> Content Layout – Fullwidth and do same procedure for blog in theme options. I’m feeling myself part of a groundhog day. I’ve done these 7 times and saved but then went back to dashboard and again everything got reset.
Any idea where might be an issue?

Thank you) Here is the website

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
As I don’t have access to your admin, can’t confirm the exact issue here.
I would suggest you to check this troubleshooting first.

You can try increasing your PHP Memory limit. You can do this by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

• Next, try re-generating your permalink settings and see if the issue is related to your .htaccess file.
  • Check your permalink settings (General -> Permalinks) and set Postname save changes to re-create your .htaccess file.

• Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later (recommended 7.2) to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.

• Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hello Natalia,

Regretfully the given credentials is not working for us.
Please double check the username and the password so that we can log in and investigate.

Thanks.

Dear Rue,

Thank you for your answer. There were two asterisks removed after sending. Maybe there is some formatting in this forum for “**” symbol. I removed asterisks and left same password. It should work now.

Thank you!

Warm regards,
Natalia.

Hi Natalia,

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You can try deactivating WP-Optimize and W3 total cache first and make sure to clear the plugin cache before deactivating

Let us know how it goes!

Thank you Paul.

I tried this first thing yesterday as I thought plugins (esp w3tc) can give conflicts. But even after deactivating all, it didn’t work… Today I tried again. I also tried to browse the forum to find similar cases that might have happened but couldn’t (

Any idea what else is possible to check?

Hi Natalia,

Please install Transient Cleaner plugin, and Remove all expired transients and Remove all transients

If that did not work, please duplicate your site on a staging server so we can do a further investigation.

Thanks,

Hello Friech,

Thank you for your answer. I removed transients (though there were none according to the plugin).

The strange thing is that I can change fonts and styles, yet I can’t do more broad changes like sidebar. Today I tried installing a new plugin and whichever settings I was trying to change there, they were not saved (same problem as with sidebar), so now I am not sure if it’s a theme problem as well.

I was looking into creating a staging copy, but it was asking to mark directories and I got confused a bit.

I’m not sure if it’s the right place to ask, but do you know by chance a person who can help with all these, because now I don’t know where is the core issue at all…

Thank you for your time.

Warm regards,
Natalia

Hello Natalia,

Every once in a while, there is an error 500 in your site. I have successfully changed the content layout now the blog and the single blog posts is already in fullwidth. Please check it out.

To resolve the intermittent error 500, you will have to edit your wp-config.php and add the following lines;

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

This is a must because by default WordPress will only allot 40MB of memory even if your server has set 768M. You may need to send us your ftp details is nothing is helping with the error 500.

Please let us know how it goes.

Dear @RueNel,

Thank you for your message.

I’ve added those lines. I will read online how to deal with error 500. It might be because of caching.

Sidebar is unfortunately still there. Maybe you tried doing it through X Options. I also did last week, but after saving it usually comes to default setting. I removed all widgets last week from it, so now it’s just empty and I suppose doesn’t slow down.

Warm regards,
Natalia.

Hello Nathalia,

I have switch back and forth to the theme options and dashboard to check the settings. It is fullwidth already and evident when you view the blog page and the single blog posts.

Clear your plugin cache and your browser’s cache. You can also use private browsing mode or incognito mode and test your site again.

Please check your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.