Can't reach admin panel after the Cornerstone update (HTTP ERROR 500)

Hi, I’m using theme X latest version,
I’ve just updated Cornerstone and now I can’t get to the admin panel: HTTP ERROR 500

The website by itself working stable, just the wp-admin issues.
How could we solve that?

1 Like

Whats your php version? Contact your host as well just to make sure its not a problem on their end.

same thing happened to me. the download of the cornerstone was corrupted. Was NOT my host. have to rename plugin via FTP and then download complete version X locally and then copy over cornerstone folder via FTP to live ( and local - it messed up both for me ) and that fixed it for me

I’ve got horrible hassles as well. That sounds like a solution but a bit over my head. Was it Cornerstone you renamed?

A backup is a better solution. If something goes wrong I restore the old version and then I have the new update waiting in the dashboard. It happened to me once when cornerstone wasnt fully downloaded as my internet connection went off for a few seconds during the update.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for helping. Yes it can be corrupted installation.

If the issue persists, please do share FTP credentials as well on a secure note so we can check your error logs. Error logs might contain detailed information of the issue.

Sorry I did not give greater detail. Thought support would fill in the blanks.
If you cannot access admin the only way to make the changes I made is through a FTP connection. On live site rename wp-content/plugins/cornerstone to whatever. something like cornerstone_previous. Download the x theme to local/staging. Find the cornerstone folder at same location in new theme rename (not really necessary if live folder has been renamed, but good practice to name it cornerstone_new) and ftp the folder to live site. Now you have 2 renamed folders. Rename cornerstone_new to just cornerstone. refresh and the new version (assuming this one is not corrupted) should be working now. At least this worked for me.
Unfortunately you still have to deal with the new version. That is a whole new set of frustration in and of itself. But at least you should be able to access admin now. Good Luck!

I’ve updated the first message with SFTP credentials, check it please.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply!

Hello @Kashevko,

I have logged in and investigated the issue in your site. It turns out that you are using the latest version of Envira Gallery which X doesn’t support it yet. We only support up to version 1.6.1.3 as of this moment. We will have to test the latest version which is 1.7.0.2 and make sure that X supports this version. Please downgrade your Envira gallery so that Cornerstone can be activated without any issues for the moment.

Please check out the compatible and support version here:

By the way, I already submitted this and made our developers aware of this so that they can do the necessary changes to prevent this from happening.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.