Can't Play Hosted Audio Regardless of Audio Element

I’m unable to get any of the audio elements to play the audio file I’m hosting under /public_html/wp-content/uploads/. I had been using the classic audio element for about a year with no problems, but now none of my content will play.

Hey There,

To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL of the page where we can find the audio that is no longer playing. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

Thank you in advance.

The files are 320kbps MP3s located in my File Manager hosted with cPanel.

www.nikogerentes.com/public_html/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Narration_Demo_Rough.mp3

Hi there,

If you check the URL yourself you will see it goes to 404 page. I suggest that you go to your WordPress Dashboard > Media menu and upload your MP3 files there. Then click on the uploaded Audio and copy the URL of it to use in the Classic Audio Player element:

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I was able to increase my upload size by modifying my PHP settings, which allowed me to re-upload my audio files through the WordPress Dashboard as you described.

Thank you for your help.

Glad that you have managed to fix the issue :slight_smile:

So for the first audio file I used the Classic Audio Element and it worked perfectly. I followed the exact same process with the other files and none of them work.

The URLs are live as well: http://nikogerentes.com/gerentes_chrarcter_reel_rough_01/

If you go to the voiceover tab on my page and click on any of the playheads, only the “Animation” one seems to be working?

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

I figured out the issue. I was using the Permalink instead of the File URL.

Thank you for the help. Hope this post helps others in the forum.

~ Niko

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.