Can't open or edit content in Cornerstone

Hi,

We are currently unable to edit any content or theme settings via Cornerstone. We just get the spinning loading wheel.

At first I assumed this was related to the caching plugin we are using but I’ve tried deactivating that and clearing caches and the problem remains. Other thing’s I have tried include:

Increasing PHP memory limit to 256mb
Updating PHP version to 7.0.24-1
Clearing caches
Cleaning expired transients
Reinstalling X and Cornerstone via FTP
Disabling third party plugins

No matter what I do, I can’t gain access to Cornerstone.

Please help! I’ve tried everything I can think of.

1 Like

Hello @SeanPM,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

While navigating and checking the source code I can see you are using WP Rocket cache plugin. I can also see you have enabled Minification feature. Can you please try turning that off and then load Cornerstone?

I would also like to let you know that we have released X Theme 5.2.0 and Cornerstone 2.1.0. It has bunch of bug fixes and addition of great new features that you can check in our changelog. I suggest you to please update and let us know how it goes. Before updating please take a backup and then proceed with the update process. I am sharing links of our update guide that will help you update theme and plugin:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

Thanks for the response. As previously mentioned, I have tried deactivating WP Rocket and it made no difference. I have since reactivated it because it was not improving the situation. Could it be that deactivating the plugin is not changing the necessary settings?

I was also previously on X 5.2 and rolled back as part of my troubleshooting. I am now back on 5.2.0 and 2.1.0 and it has not made any difference.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming. Would you mind updating your secure note to include WordPress admin and FTP credentials? (then post a message confirming to ensure we’re notified.) I’d like to take a closer look at what’s going on with your site.

Credentials added in secure note above. Thanks

I’m having the same issue … Cornerstone doesn’t load … just keeps rotating.

https://krishterimi.al/

I’ve checked your site and it looks like the HTTP POST requests being made to Cornerstone are being converted to GET requests. This causes the post data to be omitted, leading to an error. Do you have any special redirects or rewrite rules added to your site?

@ltona I can take a look at your site as well. Just open a new thread and include login credentials in a secure note.

I’ve included the contents of the .htaccess in a secure note. Can you spot anything?

*Edit, the only other redirects I know of are dynamic 301s for various pages

I am also having a similar issue since updating cornerstone. Most content is coming up. Some is missing and some won’t load only spinning.

Just as a side note, the fonts are now not loading correctly!! They are oversized. This is new development - and I have not changed anything

Is it because I am redirecting to include trailing slash in URLs??

@SeanPM I’m not sure. I haven’t been able to reproduce this. Would you mind trying with non WordPress rules removed (or commented out)? Let me know if that makes a difference, and at least we can narrow things down further.

Also, who is your host? I can do some searching to see if similar issues have happened on the platform.

Okay, so it appears it is the following rule:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.)/$
RewriteRule ^(.
)$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1/ [L,R=301]

However, without this rule in place, Google is detecting duplicate content across all pages. By adding the rule, we had a significant jump in SERPs. Is there a way of maintaining the rule and not losing cornerstone/X functionality?

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Im having the same issue. Ive increased server resources and done all the following:

Increasing PHP memory limit to 512mb
Updating PHP version to 7.1
Clearing caches
Cleaning expired transients (still have 14…not sure how to clear those)
Disabling third party plugins
Also boosted other php based resources

My .htaccess is bog standard:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

This only occurred after the upgrade of X from 5.1 to 5.2 I carried out this morning

I am not sure if its a resource issue, but it just appears to “not quite” load…,pic attached

Regards
Matt

So I switched from Opera on linux to Firefox and it works again now.

I read somewhere else that it wasn’t working on Google Chrome, but did on Safari.

Browser issues perhaps…

Update: Working on Opera again now for some mysterious reason. I changed nought. Happy about that though cause I use Opera for everything as should everyone! It is the best browser! but it doesn’t get much love :frowning:

@proturnkeys Glad to hear you got it working.

@SeanPM I’m sorry, regretfully I’m not sure what else can be done here. This is happening at the web server level so there isn’t anything we can do in the plugin to correct it.

You could try contacting your host. They might be able to advise a different method of redirection

The biggest problem is that when the redirect occurs, the HTTP POST request made by Cornerstone is converted into a GET request. This can cause other issues as well. I would recommend testing your contact form(s) to make sure they’re not experiencing the same problem.

I’m currently having the same problem with Cornerstone and did the following steps stated above to try and fix it but unfortunately, its still not working.

Hi @Yagla

Please open a new thread explain your situation and provide your login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thank you