Cant log in to WP-Admin

Hi there, I was updating my products all yesterday, I did not update a plug in or add a plug in, I was mearley adding more information to each of my products. It randomly kicked me out and I can no longer log back in, it says sorry you cant access this site. My developer also cant log in and my Host was unable to help me. I need to get back into my site ASAP I hope you can figure out what has gone wrong. If I try to log in it just takes me to my homepage as if I’m a visitor, or it has the white screen saying sorry you’'re not allowed…

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

Did you install 3rd party plugin that limits the login, monitor any unwanted login or a plugin security? If you have ftp access, please go to your plugins folder and manually renamed the 3rd party plugins folder by adding a + or _ to the folder names so that it will be disabled. You should be able to get back to your WP dashboard once it is disabled.

If nothing is helping, please provide us your FTP access and WP access so that we can investigate further.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I have sent you a private message with the FTP details

Hi There,

Thanks for the FTP credentials, I can access the site and your login page properly, would you mind providing us wp-admin credentials too so we can try to log in?

I notice your X is an update behind, please update X so it becomes fully compatible with Cornerstone. We just release X 6.2.0 and Cornerstone 3.2.0, please update to that version and see if that resolves the issue. You can download the latest version from the Dashboard Then follow the Manual Update guide provided here.

Cheers!

Thank you Friech, Ill send you through the credentials

I dont think I can really figure out how to manually add x into the FTP even with the instructions, i’m not that techy and it seems a bit out of my knowledge to do this. I can easily update it in my wordpress dashboard, if I could get into it ha ha

Hi,

Since you cannot access dashboard, you need to fix it through ftp.

Please see video for visual guide

Then follow the instructions listed in https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

If updating the theme and plugin doesn’t help, you can try this fix.

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.