Cant load media

Hi I opened Xtheme to day after about 2 month of not using it to work on my web site, and the media library will not open everything else is fine, just can’t load photos. Why?

Hi bradley,

The media library does not have anything to do with the theme and it is a core functionality of the WordPress. You can test that by having a complete backup of your website and change the theme from X to the default theme of the WordPress.

I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options and/or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

Thank you.

Hi Cristopher.

Thank you for you fast rely, I have everything up to date and have not installed any plug in since last time it was working. The media library is not the problem, the little cross button in upper/lower add image on the left hand side to get to the library too upload/add a photo on cornerstone is not working. Short of uninstall x and starting over i do not know how to fix it. I have cleared cache, updated all plug in.

Hi Crisopher.

I have got it working, I deactivated every plug in apart from cornerstone and blue-host.

Thank you.

Hi bradley,

Glad that you have managed to find the culprit.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.