Can't get to Cornerstone to edit

…or add new posts or pages. Every time I hit edit with Cornerstone, it leaves me on the WP edit page. Been like this for two days. Any suggestions?

Hi there,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I tried that while waiting for a reply but it didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

Hi there,

The fact that you can not add new pages or posts seems to be a problem outside of our theme or Cornerstone but we need to check the case ourselves. Please follow the steps below and get back with the results of the tests:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  4. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  5. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post alongside the result of the tests above.

Thank you.

I can add new pages and posts in Wordpress but can’t access Cornerstone. The couple of times I’ve actually gotten Cornerstone to open since this started happening, I couldn’t add new sections, or add any content.

I’ve also completed #1 above, but 2-5 may as well be written in Sanskrit, honestly. I have no idea what it means. Sorry!

I just contacted my server (Bluehost) and she walked me through the fact that I’ve already gone over my PHP memory limit without me upgrading to a more expensive product. Most likely when I added ConvertKit, it used up my memory. Is there any way to get a refund on the X theme? Who would I contact?

Hello There,

Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue?

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

And with regards to refunds;
All sales are handled through ThemeForest, and their parent company Envato handles all refund requests. You can read more about their process here

Thank you.

Hi There,

Thanks for the credentials, but I cant login to your WP dashboard, it says “invalid username”. Provide us FTP credentials too if you don’t mind.

I see that your site is under Endurance Page Cache, please clear and deactivate it and/or any caching plugin while the site is still under development, or when you’re editing the site.

Cheers!

Hi, I always log onto WP through Bluehost. Sorry, but I don’t understand any of the rest of this, and I don’t know what FTP credentials are. I’ll just edit through WP from now on. Thanks for trying to help.

Hi There,

Please review the given Wordpress credentials and also provide your Bluehost credentials so we can check,

Thank you!

Hello There,

I was able to logged in to your BlueHost account and changed the necessary settings for the wp-config.php file. I could not check it right away since the given WP credentials is not working for me. It seems that the username or password is invalid.

Please double check it.

credentials removed by x staff.

Thanks!

Hi There,

We can not still login through your /wp-login.php page. But I was able to login through your Bluehost dashboard.

It seems what Ruenel did works (more likely increasing your PHP memory limit).

Please clear your browser’s cache on your end.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi and thanks for trying so hard to get this to work. Unfortunately, it still does not allow me to add sections, or place images or text from the components section on any of my pages. I can get to to editor, though, which was not happening before your fixes. Thanks for doing that for me.

Hi There,

I was able to edit 2 of your page in Cornerstone (see the link below). Please point us where is this components section that you’re referring to.

I see some of your pages was edited outside of Cornerstone, please do not do that when you started editing the page in Cornerstone, or else you won’t be able to edit that page back in Cornerstone.

Please clear your browser’s cache, to make sure that it’s not the browser caching that is causing the issue on end.

Thanks,

Sorry, I meant elements, not components. When I add a section to a page, I no longer get the outline in blue of the section. Then I try to go ahead and add elements where I think I dropped the sections box and try to drag and drop an image or a text box, I can see the blue image icon being dragged but it can’t be dropped. It basically follows my cursor all over the screen until I exit out of it altogether. Then, cornerstone asks me if I want to save my changes, but any “changes” are not visible. I also cleared my browsers cache a couple of days ago but I can’t see any differences, yet.

Wait! Never mind. Think I got it. Thank you!

Glad to hear it!

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.