Can't get sidebar to show up like Icon 3

Ok, I went through the sidebar tutorials over 10 times and am stumped.

I created this page and can get the sidebar to show but not with the graphics for each post - http://blockchaindevelopers.cctravis.com/home/

BUT the main issue driving me crazy is my real home page will not display the sidebar whatsoever even though it is selected in the sidebar screen to show on that page.
http://blockchaindevelopers.cctravis.com

Why will the sidebar only show on one of the 2 pages it is selected to show on.

SOLVED First Part still stuck on next question: I changed the template of the page the sidebar was not showing on to default template and the sidebar appeared! Thanks for helping me finish off this question and get the graphics to appear now like in the ICON 3 demo.

Is there a easy way to get the sidebar to display static pages or articles instead of current posts with the graphics like the Icon 3 demo does with recent posts?

I am trying to start off my page exactly like the Icon 3 demo with the only change being I want to display static posts or pages on the sidebar in the same style as the Icon 3 demo but so they don’t change as more blogposts are made. I have 5 specific guides that I want to remain in this side bar displayed in this manner.

Thanks for any help

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! I see that you’re using the recent posts shortcode to output the recent posts on the sidebar, if your shortcode has no_image="true" on it, please remove it, and make sure that your posts has a feature image set on it.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Where do I check to see if my shortcode has no_image=“true”? In X theme I don’t see anywhere that indicates this.

In the widgets section is where I pulled over the recent posts widget I see no option for shortcodes. Thanks for clarification. Can I place shortcodes in as a text element instead of using the widgets?

Is the easiest way to make these right content boxes pages instead of posts to hard code with html or is their another option for that? Is their a shortcode option for that?

thanks

Solved using shortcodes and the custom html widget. THANK YOU!

[recent_posts count=“3” orientation=“vertical”]

Now can i do this same thing but with pages or static posts?

The best solution I see is making a category of cornerstone posts and displaying by category. If I do this is their a way to edit the short code so it does not display the date overtop the post?

Hi,

To remove the date from recent posts, you can add this in Theme Options > CSS

.x-recent-posts-date {
     display:none;
}

Hope that helps.

Does that code go in global css? I tried adding the above code there and in additional css which I got to after going to appearance/customize from the dashboard but I could not get the dates to disappear on my sidebar posts have the css in either spot. Any ideas?

Hi Carl,

You need to add the CSS code suggested in Pro > Theme Options > CSS:

Also, make sure that you clear any kind of cache that you may have as a plugin or on your hosting service.

If you still have the problem, kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Yea that is global css where I have the css entered. Maybe it is a cache issue if the code is correct?

Hi There,

The place you put the custom CSS has low priority than Pro > Theme Options > CSS.

You should add the custom CSS under Pro > Theme Options > CSS NOT Customize > Additiona CSS.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.