Can't get favicon showing on website but shows on admin page

Hi

I have updated my favicon in the appearance menu but it is not showing on the website. It does however show on the wp-admin page. I recently moved the hosting from godaddy to siteground. On Godaddy the favicon was working, so not sure if there is an issue with siteground.

Tried searching the forum for solutions but haven’t found anything.

Thanks

Ben

Hi There,

The password is incorrect. Could you please double check?

Meanwhile, you can check this article:

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Apologies, password has been updated in the secure note. Will have a look at the link you sent.

Hi again,

I tried to login but the password is still incorrect. Can you please double check the credentials on your end? However I checked your site’s markup and it looks corrupted. The tags ( including your favicon ) that should be in the <head></head> are rendered inside the <body> tag that’s why the favicon is not visible on the front-end. Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, JavaScript and deactivate your child theme and switch to parent theme (take a complete backup first).

Let us know how this goes!

Hi,

My apologies!! There was an incorrect case in the password! Have updated and tested it!

I am reluctant to start disabling too many plugins as the site is live. This problem wasn’t noticed previously as it originally went live on GoDaddy with no issues. It’s only after migrating to SiteGround that the issue started.

No new plugins have been installed since. The only thing I noticed after migration was that the Favicon had disappeared and I had to re-add it in the x-theme settings.

Please can you take a look and see if there is anything obvious that I have done wrong.

Thanks

Hi There,

It seems the issue is related to Chrome browser, I’ve tried with Firefox and Safari the favicon is working fine:

Could you please try with this solution as well?

Let us know how it goes!

That sounds like a local solution though. I have seen this issue on Chrome on mobile, desktop and other people’s devices. Can’t see how that would solve it.

Hi There,

Please clear all the browser caches and check again.

The favicon is loading now:

Cheers!

Yes. I manually uploaded it to root folder. Thanks

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.