Can't get editor for X theme to load

I’ve been trying to get into my theme options all morning with no luck. Is there a known issue for this? Hoping you guys could resolve asap.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Please make sure to check for the following first:

• We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
    define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
  • If the issue is still there, please make sure that you have everything updated to the latest version especially for X and Cornerstone. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

• If you are still seeing an issue, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

I tried updating slider revolution and I got an error saying it failed to update. Now when I hit the page, it says you are performing scheduled maintenance and I cant load WP admin at all

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 1.25.27 PM

I finally got back in to the admin and it completely un-installed Slider Revolution and I lost all of my work. This is really a problem. All I did was try to update the plugin and now I lost everything.

When I try to reinstall slider revolution, I get another error that says destination folder al ready exists. Can you guys please help me get back on track?

On the positive side, I can now get into cornerstone which tells me it was the slider revolution that was causing the conflict. Can you help me get everything working again?

Hello there,

That’s good news! The issue you’re experiencing is not related to your Slider Revolution plugin but could be to a lot of reasons such as wrong file/folder permissions, running out of disk space or when you installed an Apache Password Protect plugin.

However, for your setup, you have said that the destination folder already exists which means that your problem is that you’re having a duplicate installation. Kindly login into your FTP and backup the current Revolution Slider you have by downloading it to your local. After that, delete it and re-install the Slider Revolution from your theme dashboard.

If problem persists, kindly double-check your permissions. Here’s an article to guide you: https://techubber.blogspot.com/2017/09/how-to-fix-wordpress-plugin-update-failed-solutions.html

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.