Can't get Demos

Hello - I am unable to select Demo content from the dropdown menu for any of the Stacks in X Theme.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please confirmed that you have updated to the latest version of the theme?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

To know more about demo contents and how to troubleshoot any demo errors, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much. How do I update the theme? I removed it and re-uploaded it hoping it would work but nothing happened. I have Version: 3.2.1. :open_mouth:

Hello There,

You can simply go to Dashboard > Updates and click the Theme Update buttons.
For more information on how to update the theme and your plugins, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks RueNel.

I have uploaded the latest version. However, I have now validated my purchase/license but the site keeps crashing. I’m forced to delete Cornerstone from my cPanel but that voids the validation. :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi,

You cantry increasing your memory limit and max execution time by adding the code belkow in your wp-config.php file

set_time_limit(300);
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Hope that helps.

Hey there! Adding the code helped get the site back online. Unfortunately, I still can’t see an option to upload Demo Content for Renew 2. I only see the option for a dropdown menu that has “agency”, etc.

Can you help?

Hi Tiffany,

You’re referring to X -> Validation section right ? If you’re not updated correctly you may see the old menu. However those demos should be there under standard Demos.

Can you try re-installing X theme and Cornerstone plugin, that should resolve your issue. Basically you can download the latest version of X theme from your Envato account and then delete your current X theme and Cornerstone plugin from your site. You current settings will be saved in the database, so that you can safely delete.

Then re-install X theme from Appearance -> Themes section and then it will automatically install Cornerstone plugin as well. Then try to generate your demo content under X -> Validation section.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

Thanks! I did the reinstall but the actual demo content (images, etc.) are not populating. Where do I find the Secure Note button?

Hi Tiffany,

There will be some options that you can locate under your every post on this thread.

From that, click on the secure note icon to submit your details.

Thanks!

Found it! Thank you.

Hi again,

Thank you for providing the credentials. I checked your site and the demo content looks fine. All of our standard demos don’t come with the images. Instead, all images are replaced with placeholders so you can insert your own. As our content is either created by us directly or licensed specifically to us, so it is not available for redistribution. As it’s also mentioned in our KB article on <a href-“https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56”>Demo Content

It should be noted that demo content may not look exactly like our demo websites for numerous reasons. One of the biggest reasons for this is the fact that much of our content is either created by us directly or licensed specifically to us, so it is not available for redistribution (i.e. images, videos, et cetera). That being said, there are many great websites available such as PhotoDune or GraphicRiver where you can readily purchase premium content for use in your own sites. The demo content is meant to be used as a way to quickly setup the framework or structure of your site, making it quick and easy for you to swap out imges and text with your own material.

Thank you for understanding! Take care.

That makes sense! Thank you for getting right back to me, Nabeel.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.