Can't get builder to save after inserting template

So I am building out a new website for a customer, I downloaded my template file from my website, uploaded it successfully to the client’s themeco templates, inserted the header and saved it with no problems, inserted the content template successfully but when I go to save it, it gets stuck at the last little bit - I have tried various ways of going about this even doing some minor edits before saving, etc. nothing works. Can you help me please?

Hello Williams,

Thanks for writing in!

There might be some issues with the template. Please try out following solutions and let us know the outcome:

1. Please re-check and make sure that the page is not having HTML syntax related issue and that all tags are properly closed.
  2. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi, I contacted the hosting provider and they increased the PHP server limit to 512mb. I went back into the content builder and loaded the template “ESU_Template_Page01” and again when I went to save it stops at the last like 98/100th of the bar, and doesn’t save. I checked the versions of my installations (where the template is downloaded from, my website and also on the clients website)

It still won’t save, I am trying to edit the “home page” and load the template described above into it. I am the creator of the template so I know it’s not a third party plugin or anything. I’m really clueless what could be preventing this from even saving the page in the editor.

Hello William,

You are using an older version of the theme. Pro 3.0.4 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues, like you have mentioned above, so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Hey, the update worked, thanks I didn’t even notice that minor update but it fixed the problem and also it wasn’t showing up in my updates until I cleared the cache, Thanks again I got the template to save now. You guys rock!

We are happy to help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.