Can't edit WP Posts with Cornerstone

I can only edit Pages, but when I try to edit a Post, I no longer have a Cornerstone tab. I posted this in response to another thread and was told to make my own here.

P.S., I’m having the same issue with another domain, jollygolferrr.com, which also uses WP and Cornerstone, but is on a separate account.

I think this has to do with setting permissions in the 2.1.5 upate?

What permissions do I need to set or change?

Hi there,

Please refer to this thread for this issue:

Hope this helps.

It does, thank you. I don’t know why only Posts and Portfolio were deactivated by default, but I’ve restored them now. By the way, do you have a link to a thread about favicons…I had one but since I updated the SSL certificate, it no longer appears…I did add a ‘site icon’ under the ‘Customize’ menu, and it shows up in the address bar on Safari, but not on the pinned tab.

Hi,

I checked and there is no favicon set.

Please set it again under Customize > Site Identity

Thanks

I removed the 512 X 512 image because I’d contacted Bluehost support who told me they were setting the 32 X 32 image I had uploaded, but it still hasn’t worked.

When I pin the tab for my site in Safari, with or without the X-theme ‘site icon’ set, it only shows a generic ‘B’ with a blue square background, whereas my pinned tabs for Gmail, Facebook and Netflix all show their respective favicons. I’m not really sure what to do…

Hey There,

I have checked your site in Safari and I can see your favicon. This is how I am seeing it:

It seems Safari is displaying a different one which may have been the way how it displays an icon for a site whenever it is pinned.

Hope this helps.

Right, but you can see how the pinned Google tab is showing its favicon…so I’m just wondering why its not showing mine…

Hello There,

This could just be a caching issue. I have checked your site and the icon is loaded in the page. It is evident when you view the page source: http://prntscr.com/jt3ahi

Please clear your Safari browser’s cache or use private browsing mode and test again.

I made a screen recording to show what happens when I clear the caches. The three pinned tabs on the left (Gmail, Facebook and Netflix) will refresh their favicons after briefly appearing the same generic way that my site does with just a regular letter. Since those sites have no problems, I have to assume something is different with respect to my site…

Hey @bluelefant,

The theme does not currently support Safari pinned icon. For now, please try following this guide.

Thanks.

Thanks, Christian. That was the information I didn’t know I was looking for :wink:

Sorry, just one more question…how can I add the necessary code to the Head section? If I go to Appearance and Editor, and I click on my child theme, I don’t see any ‘theme header’ section where I can easily copy and paste the tag…

Hey @bluelefant,

Regretfully, there is no option for that in the theme. You can follow this guide to add code to the head section.

I appreciate your help. You’ve gone above and beyond. I still can’t get it to work, though. I used a plug-in to be able to upload the .svg image to Wordpress. I used the plug-in you recommended to add the code to the header. I emptied the browser cache, then I emptied the contents of the Template Icon folder from the Safari folder in the Library and restarted Safari. The Gmail, Facebook and Netflix icons all instantly came back but mine still doesn’t show up. Thanks again for your help…this really is beyond the scope of X-theme support so I really do want to thank you for trying to help me sort this out. I know you’re all busy so please don’t worry any further about this matter. Have a good week!

No problem.
Have a great week too!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.