Can't edit pages in cornerstone

I am unable to edit pages in cornerstone. When I click on the edit with cornerstone link under the page, cornerstone loads but only shows the cornerstone logo. It never actually opens the page for editing.I’ve attempted to see if it was a conflict with another plugin by disabling all plugins except for cornerstone. Since that didn’t help I’m posting here.

Hi There,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately as I noted, I’ve already tried that and it had no effect.

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

sure thanks for your help

Hey @apulaski17057,

The login credentials doesn’t work. Please check. For the meantime, please try these solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

6. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If nothing helps, please give us FTP access also

Thanks.

sorry about that, I forgot to update the user account after generating a password. Here you go try this one.

Hi there,

Upon further investigating I see that you’re using PHP v5.4.45 which should be the cause of your issue. Could you please contact your hosting provider and ask them to update your PHP version to v5.6.x or higher to avoid incompatibility issues.

Also I strongly suggest you to update your WordPress and outdated plugins.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

ok I managed to sucessfully update the PHP version to 5.6.x and now the header for the page as well as the side bar showing the layout. But the preview section doesn’t show the full page. It only shows the header. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Hi There,

Upon testing, editing your page seems to be working correctly and on X > Launch > Content > the previews are showing as expected.

Please clarify the issue.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.