Can't Edit my Page with Cornerstone or VC

Hello, my domain is www.wedrew.org

Hello, I bought and created my page years ago. I was very happy with the web page but I know need to update it. However everything seems to have changed alot and Im very lost :frowning:

I click on Visual composer, and it just loads and loads and never gets to the editing page.

I try to edit via the new COrnerstone system, and the video doesn’t expalin where to click to get to the editing page.

Help! I just want to edit my page, why does it keep loading? Am I missing something?

Thank you in Advance

PS- I messaged about this weeks ago and never got a responce, not sure what happened.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

It’s quite surprising that you didn’t got response from our end. If that has happened, we are extremely sorry about that.

Would you mind sharing website login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Prasant!

Thank you for responding so quickly! I have tried to fiddle with the updates, and deleated some problematic plug ins, however the VC is still just loading, I have updated it etc.

The other issue is that I have now found how to go to cornerstone to edit, it’s on the page, however it comes up blank with only my slide show header of the page and the menu, but the contents of the page is not there to be edited on cornerstone?

Thanks again!

My Log in details are now in a secure note :slight_smile:

Hi,

I tried adding a new page and VC and cornerstone load without issues.

Please note that VC, Cornerstone and wordpress default editor are not interchangeable.

Pages that are built in VC cannot be edited outside VC, same goes with cornerstone.

You need to build your page from scratch if you want to switch from the other.

Thanks

Ah ok, so if I want to use cornerstone I have to start from zero. Shame, and not an option then!!

So with VC I can’t edit my one page website. Front end the VC loads without ever letting me edit. The only option I have id editing the code. Not ideal :frowning: I don’t know why the VC does that, it shouldn’t. I built the website using VC. I don’t want to start from zero with a new page as you mentioned, I just want to be able to edit my current page as I always did with VC.

Thanks

So the issue is that I need to edit my current website page, the VC front end doesn’t let me edit.

Thank you

Hey There,

I have check your website and it seems that you are using an older version of VC (4.5.3), X (4.4.2) and Cornerstone (1.2.4). Please make sure that you are up to date. Out dated theme and plugins will create issues in your site.

Our latest versions are:
X Theme: 5.1.0
Cornerstone: 2.0.5
VC: 5.0.1

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Hi!

So I had already updated the other day, so I was supersized to see that the update hadn’t worked. SO I updated again. The VC is now fully updated. I tried to edit my page with the front end VC, and the same issue of the loading without permitting me to edit the page is coming up. SO it is not due to the update. Please let me know what next.

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I am logged and I have edited your page in VC or Cornerstone with no issues at all.
Please check out my screenshots: http://prntscr.com/ftontj, http://prntscr.com/ftoo3h

Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

1 Like

Looks like its working now thank you!! WHat a relief!

Thanks for letting us know!

Hi,

I’m still getting used to the new set up since I first purchased the X theame! It’s all changed so much. There used to be a clear wa y of getting support & a clear knowledge base where you could find video tutorials on set up of various things like creating portfolio etc. I cant find it, all I see is others questions for support… so I have a few questions:

1. To get support I go round in circles of guidlines but no link to create a new topic for my question. How to I get to it so I dont keep reply to this topic.

2. WHere are the original uploaded video tutorials on the knowledge base, like the old index of plug ins, creating posts etc.

3. I’m looking for a video tutorial for the Masory grid, I would like to know if it is possible to:

a) have a Soliliqui slide moving on the filtered post masonary grid??
b) is it possible to tag images uploaded rather than have to make a new post for each image for it to go onto the filtered masonry grid?
c) at the moment my grid has various images you can click on and it take you to a sliding gallery. Is it possible to click on an image in the masonary grid and fix a link to a sepearte page instead of an overall gallery of all the images?

Thank you

Hey there,

1. Please kindly use the link below to start a support thread:

Also here is a good getting started article:

1. Here is the link to the knowledge base index for your reference"

3-a ) I did not get exactly what was the request, Soliliqui is a third-party slider plugin which can be used in different parts of the cornerstone page Builder. It is not possible to add the slider to other places in the Theme.

3-b) No it is not possible, unfortunately.

3-c) This will need a great deal of customization which is out of our support scope.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Hi Thank you for your response, found the knowledge bas! Awesome. Just to let you know I think you misunderstood my question about c) at the moment my grid has various images you can click on and it take you to a sliding gallery. Is it possible to click on an image in the masonary grid and fix a link to a sepearte page instead of an overall gallery of all the images?

• _you can edit the clicked images to take you to a different page or post with special customization, you just change the design, so long as you have written the post already, it auto does it :slight_smile: _

So i have a one page website, my menu got out of wack since i added the masonary grid to my page! And some strange bullit logo/icon came up in the background, please see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xrxr1847oh0di0/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-24%20at%2019.42.26.png?dl=0

I would like to know 1) Is my one page website gone funny becuase the menu needs to be updated to the content?

1. If so, where can I find details on one page website set up, i cant find it on the knowledge bank :frowning:

2. How do i get rid of the bullit??

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for writing in. As it is completely your right to ask as many questions as you like, this kind of asking many questions in one thread is making our job harder as we need to read through all details one by one on all back and forth to be able to understand the issue. Many times our colleagues are replying and they need to get familiar with the info. So I suggest that you open up separate threads for each question which we will be able to tackle the case in more details.

I think many problems that you are experiencing regarding the menu going bizarre is that you are using an old version of our theme. I suggest that you make a complete backup of your website and update the theme to version 5.1.1.

Information about one-page navigation can be found here:

The item C: I still cannot understand what is the request, would you please kindly give us a screenshot or screencast in a new thread with more detailed description to be able to understand the issue to be able to help?

Also please can you open up a new thread and give us the explanation of what do you mean by getting rid of bullets?

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation, our goal is to help you achieve the best work that you can do designing websites so if we managed to co-operate together we will reach our goal which is having great customers with great websites :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.