Can't edit background menu image

Hi, on my website www.goreal.com.au using Ethos theme in X standard ver 6.5.5, I can’t find a way to edit, or even delete, the background menu image. It has a revolution slider over the top but the slider is transparent. To make sure I duplicated the slider directly below the first one and it just revealed more of the underlying image. Hoping you can point me to how I can edit this. It has been a while since I created the site so I can’t recall how I got the image there in the first place. Hoping you can assist. Thanks

Hello @PlanetPluto,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can see that menu has background color, can you please share a screenshot of the menu and background image that you are referring too?

Thanks.

It is the large image directly below the menu (which I thought was part of the menu background). It is the Hobbit house photo from Lord of the Rings. It is this photo that I wish to change, not the background colour of menu itself. Do you need a screenshot as the photo is quite evident. Thanks

Hello @PlanetPluto,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

If you are referring to the image as shown in the screenshot below then that is coming from Revolution Slider and you need to edit the same to remove the image.

Here’s a resource that you can take a look to get started:

Thanks.

Hi …please recap on what I have already said. The revolution slider has a transparent background. I can see nowhere in the slider setting for the Hobbit photo.

To test, I deleted the Revolutions Slider element completely from the page. But I also added a couple of Gap elements to show what is happening behind. As you can see in the attached file image, with the slider deleted, the Hobbit photo is still revealed in the background. Can you please assist as I need to change this photo out urgently. Happy for you to have my login privately if this helps. Much appreciated.

Sorry but it is not clear how I add a photo to these posts. Check www.goreal.com.au as I will leave the test up.

Found it.

OK, I finally found the photo in the Inspector tab for the element but by going backwards up the tree. I should be OK from here. Thanks for your fast responses. I will certainly stick with you guys because of this support! Cheers.

Glad to hear you got it sorted, @PlanetPluto and thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.