Can't drag element into last column in Cornerstone

Hello. I’ve started using the new Cornerstone and am having a very frustrating problem. When I create a multi-column row, the editor doesn’t let me drop any kind of element into the last column. The last column just never activates, so I can’t drop anything into it. The only way I could get an element into my third column, was to temporarily swap the 2nd and third columns, drop my 3rd column content into the second column, then swap it back.

Here’s a video illustrating my issue: https://cl.ly/og8c

Hi there,

I checkrf the homepage of your website, cloned it and you will see a new page called Home Test. I added a ample Alert box to the last column with no problem.

Please kindly clear your browser cache or rey to check the backend using another machine. I used the Chrome browser.

Thank you.

I see that your cloned page works, but if you look at my original page, it doesn’t. I had previously tried it with another browser that didn’t have any of this site cached into it, and was getting the same results. Obviously some kind of bug. I’ll try cloning the page and making that the homepage to see if it works better.

Ok, so I made your test page the home page, cleared my cache and I’m seeing the same issue on the page you created. The last column is still not editable. I also noticed that the padding around the 1,2bil image in my last column changed by itself when I removed my original homepage as teh front page. Definitively some kind of bug happening there that manifests itself when enabling and disabling a page to be the front page.

Hi there,

It is not possible that setting a page as a frontpage of the website impact the Cornerstone. Those are completely 2 different cases. I tried to access your website and the HTTPS is invalid and my browser does not let me continue.

I strongly suggest that you move your website to your local machine and test the case there. I think an environmental factor is there, I try the case on my installation and 2 other live installations and we do not have such a problem.

Follow the steps below alongside the test for moving the website I mentioned above:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  5. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
  6. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

Get back to us with the results of the tests above and the result of the site move to the local machine.

You also need to fix the HTTPS issue.

Thank you.

Oh, you got that error because I turned off cloudflare to test if that was the issues.I have done a lot of what you outlined above already, but I will move the site to a test server to see if the problem persists.

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you, For the CloudFlare I suggest that you check this article:

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Kindly get back to us with the result of the site move to the test server.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.