Can't delete Sections or Elements

Hi there,

I’m working on mindfullplates.com and I can’t delete Sections or Elements in Cornerstone, it’s as if it freezes at the confirm “Yep” or “No” and I can’t get out (WP, and X are up to date)

Also, how can I line up these 2 columns properly on the homepage? the content in the left column won’t go to the top (no padding or nbsp spaces that I can see)

Thank you for your help!

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

You bet, I just now put it in the secure note - I could’t tell if this one is private?

Hi There,

You are using a fairly old version of X.

At this time you will need to perform a manual update.

1. Revoke your License from X Addons section (check the bottom of the page) and also remove it from your license page on Themeco.

https://community.theme.co/my-licenses/

1. Temporary disable any caching plugins and purge all your server cache.

2. Delete both X theme (/wp-content/themes/x) and Cornerstone plugin (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone) by connecting to your FTP (your settings will be saved in the database)

3. Download the latest copy of X and upload it to your themes folder via FTP OR you can upload the x.zip via Appearance -> Themes section.

4. Latest version of Cornerstone will be installed automatically when you head over X tab of your dashboard. Now you try validating your X theme again and then try to install any other extension and it should function properly.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

This helps so much - thank you! I thought I was current on X but clearly I’m not. Your instructions help tremendously, but I think I just discovered that I haven’t paid for this license for mindfullplates.com. Shouldn’t I have an X license purchased per site? I’ll attach a screenshot, which I show two other licenses (for billings alarm and crsuccesslearning), two clients that I did sites for. I do not see mindfullplates - so would that affect it? Do I need to go in and purchase again?
Thanks you again for all of your help. I’ll try going through your above instructions first

<i

Hi There,

Yes, you will need to purchase another X Theme license unless any of domains already registered are no longer in use since each X purchase allows you to run one live website.

Anyway you will need to perform a manual update as instructed and then validate.

Hope it helps

Thank you so much! So I’ll start by purchasing (I can’t believe I hadn’t done that yet, I must have uploaded from a previous purchase/site but not validated)

And then go through your steps –

Also, how do I go about your second listed -

The second #1, Temporary disable any caching plugins and purge all server cache?
THANK you again for your help - so appreciated!

I think I am up and running!!! Thank you so much!!

Two basic questions-

• I don’t see Cornerstone anymore - but I bought Pro. Does Pro replace Cornerstone functionality?

• And what are the basic differences, “Getting Started” from X to Pro?

Thank you again for your help!

Hi There,

Yes, Cornerstone was incorporated in PRO which in this Theme is called PRO Builder.

At this stage PRO Builder and the Cornerstone which you use with X are pretty much the same.

The main differences between the themes are

1- PRO Doe not offer demo content. We are working in a new solution to replace the demo content but it is not ready to be relesed but should be out soon but no ETA to be provided.

2- PRO offers the AMAZING Header and Footer Builders, which allow you to build extremely customizable headers and footers like no other Wordpress Theme.

The header and footer builder can seem a bit challenging at the beginning just like any new tool, but once you take your time to play a bit with it you will be amazed with the possibilities.

The only thing to have in mind is that differently from X Header the responsiveness is not automatic, you need to to hide the elements or show it based on screensize.

I reccomend you watching our video tutorials on our Knowledge Based and also there is a guy called Donald which made many tutorials on youtube about this.

Hope it helps

I have this same problem and just purchased the theme. Can someone from your office fix this for me?

Hi @Burbankca

Thank you for writing in, You have updated your WordPress to the latest version (4.9.4), but you did not upgrade the X and Cornerstone. You need to update both to the latest version to work smoothly. You can follow the guide below.

Since you have an out dated version of X and Cornerstone the Automatic Updates won’t work on your site, so you need to follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide. You can get a new copy of X and/or PRO here.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Bye the way, if you have a follow-up question, please write it in a new thread, your own thread. I did remove your credentials because the original poster can see that.

How To Get Support

Cheers!