Can't choose page template because button is gone. Update automatically sets default template

Hi,

Having an issue that seems like a bug.

Just updated my homepage and it reset the template to default.

The button to choose a template is gone.

Been using X theme for over two years for multiple sites and have never run into something like this. Have a big release tomorrow morning, so quick help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Managed to remove all the parts of the template (i.e. header, footer, container) using css, making this a lot less pressing.

Edit 2: The template button under ‘Page Attributes’ has returned. I didn’t change anything - it was just gone for a while and now it’s back. Very strange. Anyway, issue is solved!

Hi @FreekR,

Happy to hear that.

Feel free to ask us again.

Thanks.

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I’ve been working on a new landing page and all of a sudden when I refreshed the page it had a sidebar. Totally out of the blue and I hadn’t changed any settings.

I checked to see what the template was set to and most of the template options are gone (the only 2 to choose from are Default and Slider Revolution Blank Template). There used to be a lot more options!

Please help me remove the sidebar from my new landing page.

Thank you.

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

The Latest version numbers are
X Theme 5.2.5
Cornerstone 2.1.7

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

After updating make sure to clear your plugin cache and browser cache.

Thanks

Me too my Templates drop down has disappeared completely. I’m using the latest versions of the x theme and cornerstone.

Hi There,

Please perform basic trouble shooting first:

1. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins. No need to worry about this is you don’t have caching

2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. Same with #1, if you don’t have CDN, forget about this.

3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

4. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

If after all that step and the issue still persists, please do open a new thread. Then on a secure note, share your site URL and credentials. It is important not to share credentials here because it secure note content can be seen by the original poster. On your thread, also note the basic troubleshooting you have done to avoid back and forth. Thank you.

Thank you! Clearing the cache solved the problem. Really like the updated theme :slight_smile:

@kirstenmccrea Glad to hear that, Cheers :slight_smile:

@FreekR and @hawo0524 how about on your end Guys? If you still have the issue, please follow Lely’s instruction above.

Have a great day,

Hi @Friech,

The problem disappeared as suddenly as it appeared in the first place. Didn’t make any changes - the button was back all of a sudden.

Best, Freek

I’m having the exact same issue showing up on a different site, also using x theme.

But googling around, it seems this is a problem introduced by Wordpress 4.9.

See:

(look for Jan Żankowski’s reply)

and:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42573

Yes. This is a known cache issue in the latest WP release.
Thank you for sharing this issue tracker url.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.