Can't change page background color in Pro

In Pro, when I try to update the page background color from either the Customizer or the Pro theme settings I can set a color, but the preview doesn’t update in either. If I save and view the page, I will see a flash of the correct color before the WP admin bar is loaded when logged in. When I inspect the page in devtools, I can see that the body background-color is correct.

Is there something else that is preventing the background from showing? The pages are standard pages, no Cornerstone.

1 Like

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I can confirm that the issue exist in your site. You are only seeing a white background color even if you already changed it to yellow color. To resolve this, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

body .site, 
body .x-site {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

That works. Is this an issue with Pro or is it something specific to this particular site?

Hi There,

That is specific to the renew stack, the .site container has a default white background on it.

Thanks,

i have the same error in pro and with icon! not even the background picture is showing.
i tried the customizer (which in pro should not be touched anymore) and the theme options in the builder.
the code you provided does not fix it. only if i put the color directly in the code. otherwise the builder settings are still being ignored!
every day i find another bug in pro. this is terrible! pro turned out to be a total desaster for me.
will this be fixed soon?

Hello There,

Thanks for updating this thread. This is pretty much weird because we do not encounter this in our local testing server. We wanted to check in your site regretfully it is no longer working for us.

Can you please confirm that you are up to date and that you are using Pro 1.2.7?

Thanks.

hi ruenel, thanks for your reply! i was on 1.2.6 but after updating to 1.2.7 the problem persists. the site has not changed and should be accessible. maybe a block on your end? again the credentials in the secure note. thanks. kai

Hi @iTurtle,

I can change your site’s background color and even background image, but for now, I left it with a background color so you could check.

But after troubleshooting, it looks like you’re setting the color through color templates in which I can confirm that it is not working. I’ll add this to our issue tracker for further checking.

Thanks!

hi rad,
there is a custom css code applied:

body .site,
body .x-site {
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.06);
}

when you remove this code the background color settings from the theme options do not work. like i said. but i need it there for now because i really have to finish that site soon. 3 weeks of trying to make pro work is really enough now. sorry.

and please remove the screeshot from @RueNel ruelnel above. thanks. kai

right now i can’t load the customizer anymore. i updated to wp 4.9 and updated pro to the latest version. could you please check on that, too? thanks a lot! kai

Hi there,

That CSS overrides the background behind it, so I’m not sure how that made the option works. But I think the real reason is not because of that CSS, and it’s because you’re choosing the color from color templates and it’s not working. Please manually select the color, for now, I added this issue to our issue tracker.

About the customizer, it’s because of MEJS and it’s throwing javascript errors. Looks like it’s still serving old scripts and files even after your update of WP to 4.9 and Pro to 1.2.7. Have you checked if there are any caching? The 1.2.7 should fix the MEJS issue brought by WP 4.9.

Thanks!

hi rad, thanks for your reply! i don’t just pick the colors from the templates. i tried a lot of things. also using a picture background (as i wrote before). the background stays white.
why adding that css code makes it work i also don’t know. but that is the funny result of adding it. i used a high transparency value by the way.
please delete it and see for yourself.
thanks again! kai

Hi there,

Sorry for giving this information late but your login information is now can be seen by the original poster of the thread.

I totally understand that you added your question here because you experienced the same issue as the original poster did, but please do not do that anymore.

This makes a huge confusion when the discussion goes forward and confuse us and we can not help and serve you as you deserve.

Also, be warned that the Secure Note information can be seen by the original poster.

Now the first thing to do is to change the Username/Password of your website. After that please open up a new thread and give us the new login information with the detailed description of the problem and we will follow up.

Also, please avoid asking more than one related question on each thread. If you encounter a problem you need to open up a new thread.

There is no limitation of the thread opening count so don’t worry about that.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance with our forum rules from now on. For more information regarding the support kindly read this article:

1 Like

thank you christoper for pointing out the problem with the secure note! that was no clear to me. and thanks for removing the screenshot!
the new topic please find here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/background-color-in-theme-options-wont-apply/15473
but i wonder why this is named a “forum” if it can only be used as direct communication with the staff. that also makes referring to other cases or solutions from your side harder. so it’s more like a support and help system as i understand it now. thanks. kai

@iTurtle, I answered to your other thread.

Please see How To Get Support. You will also find useful links under the Resources section in the forum sidebar.

Thanks.

2 Likes