Can't authenticate new purchase

Hi folks, as you’ll see from this thread:

We’re having problems authenticating our existing theme v3.x so we can upgrade to X latest 6.x

The error is:
Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co

I’ve followed directions from the Themeco support rep in the thread above who referred me to this support.

I’ve contacted my client’s host, Siteground and they responded, asking for a port number: Excerpt from Siteground below:

The allow_url_fopen PHP version has been enabled via the php.ini file.

The SSL certificate has been verified as well:
To test the connection, we need to know which port number the community.theme.co uses so we can check if the connection from the server through this port is successful.

Can you provide this please? I’ll then go back to Siteground with the info hoping to resolve this.
Cheers!

Hello Gilles,

Thanks for writing in!

Version 3.x is using API key which has been deprecated. I would recommend that you update your theme manually instead. Please see the “Manual Updates” section in this knowledge base article:

And since you are using a quite older version, we would recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive the latest X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much for your resonse RueNel. Much appreciated.
I’ll proceed with a manual updates as you suggested.

By the way, I didn’t receive an email notification that you had responded to my post. The “Watching” “tag” is displayed so I would expect to be notified. Is there a problem with the system or am I missing something?
Cheers!
Gilles

Also… would it be wise to stage my updates by major releases instead of jumping from 3.x to 6.x? For instance, do your past major updates make changes to the db structure? If so, would it be best to perform the major updates one at a time?

And if so… which updates should I install and where can I find them?
I hope this makes sense :slight_smile:
Gilles

Hello Gilles,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You can update from version 3 to version 6, though it needs to be done manually. My suggestion would be to creating a staging server and test the update process over there.

Actually we don’t maintain older version of X Theme. You will need to update the theme to version 6.5.5. We don’t make changes to the database structure while updating. So, you can follow the theme and plugin update guide to update.

Please take a look at the solution shared in following thread:

You can download the latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone from members area or Themeforest and by following the update guide you can update theme and Cornerstone manually.

Thanks.

Thanks a million Prasant!
I’ve followed the steps and proceeded with the direct manual update. I have made good progress. I’ve lost fonts (font replacement occured), the site is now a bit messy but overall, it’s nothing that can’t be fixed… I think.

I also changed the profile settings so let’s hope I receive notifications.

A few questions:

1. During the upgrade I received the following error in the Dashboard (hid partial path):
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/carriag3/public_html/…/wp-admin/includes/misc.php:525) in /home/carriag3/public_html/…/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1196

Is this a concern?

1. The child Theme used on the site, Integrity Light version 1.0.0. Must I update this and if so how? There’s no “update” notification on the theme page (Appereance-THemes)

2. Which PHP version do you recommend with the latest theme?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you.
Gilles

Hello Gilles,

• Please update the theme and Cornerstone to the latest version.

1.) Since you are using a child theme, everything is set. No need to update the Child theme.

2.) We recommend that you follow what is the minimum requirements for running the latest WordPress.
You can check it here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much RueNel. This helped very much. I upgraded the PHP version and all is well.

I’m having problems with some styling since the upgrade from 3.x. I found some installation documentation but not some usage documentation.

For instance, I can’t seem to find where the fonts for the menus (and submenus) are configured. I could override with CSS but surely there must be a control panel setting.

Can you point me in the right direction please?

Hello Gilles,

In the latest version, we have introduce the Font Manager which you can enable in X > Theme Options > Typography.
For more details, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

Thanks RueNel,

I’m sorry, perhaps I wasn’t clear.

I don’t want to add new fonts. I found the NavBar font in Options-Header. Now I simply want to set my submenu fonts to be the same font (Google font) as what I set my main menu font is.

Where do I set the font for the submenus?

Hello Gilles,

The menu and submenu items will be using the same font family.
You can check the setting in X > Theme Options > Header > Links - Texts > Navbar Font.

Hope this helps.

HI again,
That’s how I too, would think it would work but inspecting the sub-menu items, they appear to inherit the Body font-family.

Can you please double-check please?

Hey Gilles,

​To assist you better with this issue, please provide us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Thanks, I’ve added the info below. By the way, the directions in the link describing how to add hidden text seem to be different than found here in this support forum. I couldn’t find the “Secure Note” button. Maybe I’m missing something?)
Cheers!

EDIT: oddly, the Secured Note icon appeared after I posted.

Hi Gilles,

Sorry for the confusion, yes submenu has no font-family option, it only inherits the body font-family. If you need to custom style your submenu, you can use the custom CSS provided here. Feel free to change those values.

Thanks,

No problems friech, Thanks… I thought I was losing my mind :slight_smile:

Curious though as to why the submenu font wouldn’t be the same as the parent menu font. Perhaps an improvement to consider.

Thanks again!
Cheers!

You’re welcome Gilles!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.