Can't assign headers to pages with pro

Hi there,

I recently noticed that I can’t seem to assign any of my headers to any of my pages.
Usually when I select a header I can assign it as a global header, to a page or to a product with the menu on the right side.
However, within this menu my pages aren’t showing up. Even searching for pages using the search function doesn’t work.

On my site I have a custom post type with literally thousands of posts. These posts all show up in that menu so I assume that those posts reach some sort of display limit and therefor do not let my pages load in that menu.

It would be nice if this could be fixed as soon as possible and until this is fixed, is there possibly an alternative method of assigning headers and footers to pages?

Best,
Oguzhan

Hello Oguzhan,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As far as I know there’s no limit on the number of pages that shows up on header builder assignment column. Can you please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look? As the issue invoices custom post type, I need to take a look at the website as we have seen custom post type affecting header builder assignment column.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

I’ve attached login details in the secure note below.

Thanks!

Hi Oguzhan,

Yes, there is a limit, try to increase max_input_vars

Please refer to the link below for your guide.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

This doesn’t seem to work on my end or maybe I am just implementing it wrong.
Simply increasing the default value to 2000 from 1000 didn’t change anything. I went as far as pushing it all the way up tp 50000 without any luck though.

I’ll go ahead and provide my cPanel login in a secure note below if you want to give it a shot.

Thanks

Hi Oguzhan,

Sorry but, different hosting/plan has a different setup, some does not allow users configuring things (like max_input_vars) manually. Please contact your hosting support and ask how you can increase the max_input_vars.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hey guys,

I was just speaking with my host support and they let me know that this specific php setting is not editable.

Would there be any other solution to fix this or use an alternative method to assign headers to pages, as this currently stops me from creating pages which is something I usually have to do daily for my customers.

Maybe a solution would be to simply prioritize pages in the header assign menu so that they will always be listed at the top. Not sure to what extend this could be done but was just a thought I had.

Thanks!

Hey Oguzhan,

We’re sorry for the confusion. This has nothing to do with server resources. There’s currently no option for this but luckily, our core developer has provided a snippet to be placed in functions.php of your child theme to remove post types in the Header and Footer Assignments.

Here’s the snippet:

function header_footer_assignment_filter( $types ) {
  return array_diff( $types, array( 'product' ) );
}

add_filter('cs_header_assignment_post_types', 'header_footer_assignment_filter');
add_filter('cs_footer_assignment_post_types', 'header_footer_assignment_filter');

To learn how to use the snippet, please watch https://youtu.be/7qkm3clGQPo.

You will see in that video, I’ve added a snippet to display all registered custom post types in the admin to aid with copying the correct post type. Here’s the snippet.

function display_post_types_in_admin() {
  $post_types = get_post_types();

foreach ( get_post_types( '', 'names' ) as $post_type ) {
   echo '<span>' . $post_type . '</span>, ';
  }
}

add_action('admin_notices', 'display_post_types_in_admin');

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi Christian,

This worked.

Thanks for the quick help :slight_smile:

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.