Can't add any element in design mode

Hey o/

So the problem is I try and drag any element into a column section or row and the mouse cursor just stays on blue icon for that element no matter how many times I quit and doesn’t drop the element into the row or column.

I’ve done this many times before and this problem is recent.

thanks

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for writing in, is there a chance that you’re using Internet Explorer? Try using Chrome or Firefox instead.

Also, can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here. Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

Is that the site you’re working on below? It seems to be down at the moment. Please check.

Cheers!

Hey thanks for getting back, yes i’m using chrome and yes things are up to date.

please and thank you again for your help in resolving things

sorry the site is adsimpress.com

Hi @poeticemperor,

Thanks for the URL.

I could see that you are using autoptimize plugin. There is an issue with that plugin and we are still fixing it.

For the mean time, please disable it so that your setup would work properly.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hey, Nico

Ive done as you ask; however the problem remains is there some way you could look at why this isnt working? It’s been about a week.

thanks so much

Hey There,

I can see that you are also using a caching plugin. Since you have installed a caching plugin WP Super Cache, please clear your plugin cache before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately. Caching plugins are best to turn on only when you’ve finished building the site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey RueNel

Thanks for the extra information, I did as you asked but sadly still have the issue.

thanks again sorry this continues but will get it!

Hey There,

​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can investigate the issue by checking all your site settings.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I can see that you are using an older version of Pro 2.0.4 and some of your plugins were outdated. Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:
- Pro theme 2.1.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Please let us know how it goes.

this is what it looks like, I can’t just release the element on any section. I did update and clear cache and it hasnt changed this effect.

thanks hope we can find an answer

Hi @poeticemperor,

The culprit is the highlight and share plugin, it intercepts the drag and drop functionality of the entire page to perform its own dragging functionality. Unfortunately, this can’t work along with any builder with drag and drop functionality. You may disable once you’ll use the builder, then activate it after.

Thanks!

Wow

I’m sorry i didn’t think of this before thanks it works!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.