Can't acivate child theme, Corenerstne gone

Hello,

I hope all is well. My website is

www.lasvegas4us.com

Today I got a notice to update X-theme and Cornerstone, however, before that, I noticed that Cornerstone options for my posts are gone and it never came back. When I updated X-theme I noticed that my child theme is no longer activated, so I tried to activate it repeatedly with no success.

This is a very serious issue because I have done modifications to it. I will give you my username and password in the next post and will make it private, please use it to get into my site if needed.

Lastly, updating x-theme is incredibly stressful because this is not the first time that I run into trouble while exactly following the instructions, this is NOT cool.

It is very interesting that I have the Cornerstone options on my pages but not posts. At any rate, the whole thing is messed up

Hi @masouds,

Please consider that it is important that you always read the changelog and the release notes before each update. Now you can find the changelog here and the release notes are in the right section of the forum under the news section:

There is a new feature in the theme which is called the Permission Manager which is the new place that you can decide if the Cornerstone be available for a post type or not with lots of detailed options. Please read about the Permission Manager here.

So, in this case, you simply need to go to X > Settings > Permissions and enable the Cornerstone for Posts:

We already mentioned this as an FAQ item in the Release Notes:

We will be more than happy to help you if you have additional problems regarding the latest update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply, however, you have not addressed my issue with not being able to activate the child theme.

Hello There,

Your child theme is already active.

Since you are using WP Rocket, please clear your site caches and test your site again.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.