Can't access the mobile version of some sections

Hi, Great theme.

I am using Integrity 1 of X theme. I am using the three sections from the demo home page that are labeled Stacks, Experts, Customizer. The desktop version was preset with 600px circles and the background lines; the mobile version was preset with the 300px circles and no background lines. I thought that I had my customized versions set this same way, but somehow I must have accidentally turned off ALL the screen versions instead of only the larger versions. Now I can’t seem to access the mobile version to turn it back on. I have looked through all of the tools on the lower left, as well as the specific Row and Column, and Manage Layouts to find a way to get to them. I have searched for this topic but am unable to find the answer on my own. Would be handy if there was a tool to View All in case something like this happens.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Actually you can access all the elements hidden or not by using the the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

In the latest version, you can find it in the left side panel.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, thank you very much for your quick reply.

I had looked in the skeleton mode before contacting you. I looked in there again now to make sure I didn’t miss something. I don’t see the missing elements in there: the mobile version with the 300px circle images and other content for the 3 separate mentioned sections. I did not delete them and there’s only one other person with access to this site, but he didn’t delete them either.

This happened to me once before when I first started working with this theme, that an element was just gone without my deleting it.

I did happen to make a backup of the cornerstone code via copy/paste on 1/20/18 and it looks like it still contained those mobile versions of the sections at that time. If that would help you to restore just those parts, I can provide it. I made other changes to the page since then, so I can’t just swap one version of the cornerstone page code for the other.
Thanks.

Hey There,

Cornerstone will not delete any element unless it has been deleted by someone or some kind of error. Since you cannot restore to the previous version, it is best that you just re create it. After saving or finishing your page, you download it as a Cornerstone template and this could also serve as your backup just in case the same happens that the element is removed with out your permission.

Thank you for your understanding.

If I redownload and install the demo home page of Integrity 1 will it create a new separate page and not touch the home page that I’m working on? If I can do that I can use it as a guide for how the mobile versions of those sections are set up. Since I’m new to this theme and Cornerstone, as well as making separate mobile versions of sections, it would help to have that as a guide. I tried to use the Cornerstone code backup to make a new page as a guide, but that didn’t work.

I do have some experience manipulating some code, but Cornerstone is so different, I was afraid to do that to replace what was missing.

FYI, I frequently get preview-loading errors while working and saving. I then have to reload the page and that’s probably when the sections got lost. Based on input in other posts, I turned off Endurance Cache in the admin, as well as adjusting cache settings in Cloudflare as suggested in those posts. That fixed some things, but the errors continue. Just thought you should know for future updates.

In addition, hover text on theme icons, such as the Skeleton Mode, would be helpful.

Hi,

The demo will not touch your homepage, it will create another page.

Please note that you need to clean the demo cache first or else it will not create the page.

See troubleshooting section on the link below.

And as always please create a full back up of your site before doing it.

Thanks

Thank you for your detailed reply. Great support! :slight_smile:

Yes, I do have Updraft on the Live site. I am currently working in a Staging site and will install it before I go any further. Thank you for the reminder.

I have also renamed the Home Page, so that should be an additional safeguard.

I will review the Demo Content link you sent in detail and clear the demo cache as instructed.

Another question: In a previous reply you stated “download it as a Cornerstone template”. Could you please explain how and where to do this or supply a link for that information? I am having trouble finding that in a search. Thanks.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Liz and Stan

Hi Liz and Stan,

In Cornerstone, you can click on templates

Then click Save and Downlaod

For more information please see Working with Templates Section on the link below.

Thanks

Okay, got it. Thanks. :slight_smile:

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.