Can't access site or admin after update

After updating to the latest version of Pro, I can no longer access the site or wp-admin as it gives several warnings similar to this but with different files -

Warning: Cornerstone_Element_Orchestrator::add | Failed to add element: classic. Class ‘CSE_Classic’ not found. in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-orchestrator.php on line 220

The final Fatal error is this -

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Huebert, because the name is already in use in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/components/class-huebert.php on line 3

I have tried re-downloading and re-uploading the files, to no avail.

EDIT: I now get this -
Fatal error: Cannot declare class Cornerstone_Shortcode_Generator, because the name is already in use in /home/devcoyot/public_html/lifeofpies/buy/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/builder/class-shortcode-generator.php on line 0

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you trying to updating from X to Pro ? If so OR in case if you have Cornerstone plugin installed, you will need to remove it as Pro does not require Cornerstone plugin.

You can manually delete the Cornerstone plugin directory under:
/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone

Hope that helps.

It was simply an update to the latest version of Pro, and not an upgrade from X.

The cornerstone plugin folder does not exist in the plugins directory

Hi There,

This issue usually happens when you update via FTP using “replace files” instead of fully deleting the previous version first, or via any process outside the WordPress updater that doesn’t fully delete the previous version.

Please fully delete your current PRO and install a fresh copy. You can get a new and updated copy from the APEX dahboard

You might lose your menu and sidebar configuration when your site switch to a default theme after you delete the PRO. So I would advise following the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here. That guide is talking about X but you can do the same method for PRO.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after the process so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Well, if the theme is going to break every time it’s updated via FTP, it’s over for me.

That makes it impossible to do development sites without buying a licence first. I know you’d like it that way, but life doesn’t always work how we’d like it to.

Back to Avada it is, for me

Hello @Migs,

If the updates had been done right in your dashboard, no issues should be encountered. WordPress will take care of everything deleting and overwriting all the theme files. If you have updated manually then as @Friech mentioned, there were files weren’t removed which has contributed the error.

Please know that we are here to help you in anyway we can and in every issue that you may encounter when using Pro/X theme.

Hope to hear more from you. Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.