Cannot validate nor update X theme

Hello,

my employer has been using X theme on their website since 2015 and I have been tasked with posting updates on the site for about 2 years now. Ever since I started I have had an error message on the dashboard about cornerstone not being validated and the validation not working. Not being able to update cornerstone or the theme is tying my hands quite severely so I figured I’d try to finally get this sorted so that I can actually do some work on the site.

The site is running WordPress 4.3.1 at the moment and I have a staging site running where I’ve updated to WP 5.1.1. and I have tried validating the theme on both environments without success.

The current installed X theme is version 4.1.1 and Cornerstone is version 1.3.3. When I try to validate the theme I get the message “Could not establish connection. For assistance, please start by reviewing our article on troubleshooting connection issues.”

I have also tried manually updating the theme on the staging environment and when I try to validate the latest version of the theme I get no error message whatsoever, only a completely empty site opens up when I press enter after entering the API key and nothing happens after that.

I went through the validation connection issues troubleshoot thread (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201) and asked my service provider to go through it and check that there is no firewalls etc. blocking the connection. They said that there is nothing blocking the connection on our side and that they couldn’t find any sort of error log on the problem for further troubleshooting. They suggested that I try ask you for a solution.

I would like to get the theme validated and working on the staging site before updating it or WordPress on the live site as I don’t want to risk it breaking.

I have setup production and staging URLs as instructed on the licence management thingy. I would post a screenshot but that doesn’t seem possible on a secure note.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi There @kanttia2

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Since you have updated X theme manually, you also need to update your Cornerstone plugin also for once and then you should be able to validate your site.

You can either delete your existing Cornerstone plugin and then use the latest version of your Cornerstone plugin under your X theme (x/framework/cornerstone.zip) or once you delete the Cornerstone plugin, head over to X -> Validation section and wait for few seconds to install the Cornerstone plugin automatically.

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.