Cannot Update to Pro 2.4.7

Hi Apex,

We have been trying to update to Pro 2.4.7 from Pro 2.4.6. Every time we try to do this, the update hangs saying “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.”. We end up reinstalling the backup and starting again. We can change pages and can disable and uninstall plugins, but cannot add plugins. We get a message saying: “Inactivity Timeout. Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for document.”

We thought that it may have been caused by a plugin called Logo Carousel Slider so uninstalled this. It was not.

We disabled every plugin and tried again. That didn’t solve it.

We then followed your instructions to update the theme manually. When we did it through FTP upload, we could see the Pro option on the dashboard, but it wouldn’t activate. When we deleted those files and then uploaded the pro.zip theme via the dashboard, we got an error message: "Installing Theme from uploaded file: pro_update.zip
Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme installation failed."

This site is less than a month old, and we had quite the time trying to install custom fonts on a clean copy of Pro. We ended up using Cornerstone Custom Icons to do so at your suggestion.

These issues are impacting our business. We have now rolled the site back to an earlier version using a backup, which at least gives us a live site. Any help you are able to give us would be much appreciated. We’ll add login and URL info in a private post.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nicola

Hey Nicola,

Thanks for writing in!

Regretfully the credentials do not work for us. It seems that the password is incorrect.
Please double check it.

Meanwhile, did you do it manually by re uploading the latest theme files? To resolve this, please do the following:

• Please login to your ftp and browse to the themes folder wp-content/themes/
  • Create a new folder name as pro-new
  • Upload the latest Pro theme files in the pro-new folders
  • After everything is uploaded, renamed pro folder into pro-old.
  • Renamed pro-new folder into pro.
  • Delete the pro-old folder.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,

We did try the manual upload instructions, results are as in the updated theme description above.

The login didn’t work as the manual uploads crashed the site again and we reverted to an earlier version.

We’ve reset your password and will include the details in a private response.

Thanks for your help,

Nicola

Hey Nicola,

I have investigated your issue and it has something to do with Jetpack and your server settings. I know that you have WP File manager plugin install. This would not help if your site goes down. Would you mind providing us the ftp login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix this issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

• FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Hi RueNel,

Thanks, FTP info included in private reply.

Best wishes,

Nicola

Hey Nicola,

I have successfully updated your Pro theme manually.
I did exactly what I have iterated in my previous reply.

Please check your site now.

It looks awesome, thanks so much for sorting it out!

Any chance you could let us know what caused the issue so we don’t bother you with it again? e.g. should we stop using JetPack if that was part of the issue? Looks like Yoast was causing issues also?

Thanks again, your amazing support is the reason that we use XTheme/Pro across all of our sites!

Hi Nicola,

Wordpress is failing to install it and have to manually upload it, but extract it from your PC instead of letting Wordpress do it. Please do the same if Wordpress installation fails, either theme or plugin.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.