Cannot update theme and plugins

I have added the licence key and have the green unlock symbol. But when I try to do updates it tells me the license is not valid.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, yup the early version of X (v4) on latest WP has an issue with automatic update. Please attempt the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here instead.

To update the Cornerstone:
After you successfully updated the X Theme to the latest version, you can simple deactivate and delete your current version of Cornerstone, then navigate to X > Overview and X will automatically re-install the Cornerstone in latest version, navigate back to Plugins panel to activate the Cornerstone.

Also update the extensions that comes with X (Typekit, Content Dock, etc.) to version 2.x

To the update extensions to version 2.x, follow these steps:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically (revoke and re-validate your X theme after you updated it to the latest version)
- Deactivate and delete the version 1 of extensions.
- On the theme X/Pro > Overview page, locate and install the the desired "Extensions".
- Visit Plugins panel in your Dashbaord to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, it's safe to use this method of deleting the previous version.

Remember to clear all caches after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Keep in mind that X5 is a major update and some things might be reset that will look broke. If you want to keep the stability of your live site. Please duplicate your site in a staging server and do this updates there first.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!