Cannot switch between visual and text editor for post, portfolio, or page creation

Hey Guys,

This is a continuation of a previous post with the name “Jetpack Plugin causing problems with post, portfolio, or page creation”. To sum up, I am unable to switch between visual and text editor for post, portfolio, or page creation and I was advised to contact Jetpack directly as their plugin was conflicting. I contacted jetpack who inspected by website thoroughly and they said the issue is being caused by the child theme and I have to contact my theme developers to “confirm with them that this is the error you’re seeing, and if they have an update or any suggestions that would fix this issue with the child theme”. Please see their response below:

"In this case, the conflicting error is being produced by the X child theme, rather than the X (parent) theme, or the Convert Plus plugin (so it doesn’t look like either are causing any problems).

The exact error is coming from …/wp-content/themes/x/framework/dist/js/admin/x-meta.js?ver=6.2.4, and is producing an issue with the .wpColorPicker function:

Here’s the text for reference (expanded):

x-meta.js?ver=6.2.4:1 Uncaught TypeError: (0 , s.default)(...).wpColorPicker is not a function

at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (x-meta.js?ver=6.2.4:1)

at i (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui- 
mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,backbone,wp-util,&load[]=wp-backbone,media- 
models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=5.0-alpha-43521:2)

at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui- 
core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,backbone,wp-util,&load[]=wp- 
backbone,media-models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=5.0-alpha-43521:2)

at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui- 
widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,backbone,wp-util,&load[]=wp-backbone,media- 
models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=5.0-alpha-43521:2)

at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-
widget,jquery-ui-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable,underscore,backbone,wp-util,&load[]=wp-backbone,media- 
models,moxiejs,plupload,wp-plupload&ver=5.0-alpha-43521:2)"

Can you please help me look into it and solve the issue? My website is www.consultparv.com, thanks for your help.

Regds/Parv

Hey Parv,

Based on the response above:

The issue is coming from the child theme. Regretfully, we do not have support for the customizations made in the child theme. It is to our understanding that once you add custom codes in the child theme, you or your developer should be the one to maintain and fix the custom features and theme overrides you have added.

One tip I can give us you can try removing customizations part by part while checking if the issue persists each time.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey Christian,

I am a novice that has set up my website with help from support right here in this forum, as far as I know I have not added any custom code beyond the help that I have received here.

I removed all the custom CSS, the single JS code, saved, and tested but still no luck so I am not sure what in the child theme could be causing it as no other customisations were made. I don’t know what else to do because I am out of my depth and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regds/Parv

Hello There,

Please follow up the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN(ex: CloudFlare), please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services. For the CloudFlare you also need to follow the steps below besides the developer mode: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/1
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hey Thai,

1. Everything is up-to-date, except for “Connects - Mailchimp Addon”, but apparently I need to register licence to update it.
  2. Done
  3. I have already included the rules for cloudfare and put it on “pause”.
  4. I disabled all my plugins and no luck so I just reactivated all except for cache and cdn.

Thanks a lot for your help, I have spent ages trying to figure this out and chasing around with no luck so your help is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

sorry for the trouble but I finally figured it out. The issue was with my functions.php in my child theme. I replaced it with the original and everything is fine now. Thanks for the offer to help, its greatly appreciated and hope you guys have a nice day.

Regds/Parv

You’re most welcome and glad it’s working now. Cheers! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.