Cannot save responsive text settings

Hi there,

I have recently migrated a site from staging to https://www.peoplecentral.co.nz/

I have tried multiple times on the live site to update responsive text settings, but despite updating settings, then saving, on reloading the page then reopening in Cornerstone the responsive text settings have not saved. It shows as saved until loading the page then opening Cornerstone again.

Even if I try to just edit the responsive text name it will revert every time Cornerstone is opened.

Can you please look into this?

I have included login and password below (secure note)

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and edited your responsive settings for .title-h2. Instead of 22 for the minimum size, I changed it to 20. Saved my changes and viewed the page. The changes were saved and the setting is taking effect as shown here:

Since you are using SiteGround, could you please disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel.

For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

And lastly, clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

There is no caching enabled on this site.

I guess you changed the title-h2, saved it, and it was fine. I see this too. The issue is when you then open the page in Cornerstone again all edits have reverted.

I have checked this multiple times, please look into it a bit deeper.

Thanks in advance - Jade

Hi there,

I checked the case and that is what happens on the homepage. I added a test page and added a responsive text option and it worked ok and the save is working with no problem.

There seems to be indeed some problems on the pages that you added and it might be a page that is corrupt or other issues that I am not aware of.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Install the transient cleaner plugin and clear your database transient cache.

Thank you.

This is totally above me. It’s fine on some page, not on others. Everything was built with the Page Builder, there isn’t any weird code.

It seems to be something with the header section, but what it is I can’t tell.

Luckily the responsive text is separate from the page content. I saved the pages as templates, removed all content, updated and saved responsive settings, then added content again.

Thanks for looking into it.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.