Cannot save changes made to slider revolution

Hi, Sorry if this question has been asked before but i recently started learning WP and decided to start with the X Theme to make my first project. While im learning im trying to get a hero image with the revolution slider for my home page.

The problem im having is that i make the changes to the slider and save em. I see the changes stay but when i preview or try it live changes are not applied.

Only addon i have is Cornerstone.

I have not purchased Slider Revolution but i assume i shouldnt in order to use it on its basic for, correct if im wrong.

Thanks in advance

Hello @Sanjur,

Thanks for asking. I welcome you to the X Theme community. :slight_smile:

You are absolutely right, there is no need to purchase separate licence for Revolution Slider. There can be multiple reasons why changes are not saving in Revolution Slider. One of the common issue we see is that you may be running out of your memory. Try increasing your PHP Memory limit by editing your wp-config.php file which can be located under the root of your WordPress installation.

Add the following lines into that file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Check the following as well.

• Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
  • Check your PHP Max Execution Time and set it for 300 for optimal usage.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the recommendations. My notes

1. Memory
So my provider (Flywheel) cannot offer me 512MB with my plan, only 256M
If i check the memory usage is usually 4% (10MB / 256MB)

2. PHP version info:
PHP Version: 7.1.15-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+2
PHP Extensions: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, cgi-fcgi, mysqlnd, PDO, xml, apcu, apc, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dba, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, iconv, imagick, imap, json, exif, mcrypt, memcache, mysqli, pdo_mysql, Phar, posix, readline, shmop, SimpleXML, snmp, soap, sockets, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, Zend OPcache

3. PHP Max Execution time:
Was changed to 300

After all these steps, the problem still persists. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Hi Juan,

It might also help if you will check that you have the latest version of Rev Slider and X and other bundled plugins. You can find more info about the support versions of X and its bundled plugins here.

If you already update and you still can’t edit your slider, please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case the issue persists after trying these suggestions, please provide us with your admin details in a Secure Note so that we can check your setup.

Hope this helps.

Admin details.

Hi Juan,

I tried to check your site but it requires an additional login to access the login page.

Kindly provide us with those details as well so that we can check your setup.

Also kindly make sure you have tried the previous suggestions as well.

Thank you.

Hi.

Yes i have tried the suggestions, actually the first time i tried it i only had the plugin cornerstone installed. And everything is up to date

I added the login info below, my apologies

Hi Juan,

I have just checked the slider JS-Slider2 which is on the homepage of your site and it seems to be updating fine when I make changes to it and save it.

You can see the three dots to the text that I have added.

If what you mean by not saving the changes is the alignment you set on the text which shows center on the slider editor but left on the actual site, it is because there is a Text Align option for text layers on Rev Slider. This gets added to the text setting and will override the custom CSS you have added to the layer.

If you want to center the text, please use the Text Align option instead.

In case you are referring to another issue, kindly give us the specifics so that we can check further.

Thank you.

Well, i feel dumb now, since i wasnt able to either center the text or add an overlay layer i thought it was not working, but with your assistance everything is working just fine. Thank you very much for the support. You guys are awesome!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.