Cannot replace a page with one of the same name that will open in Cornerstone

We have a page that we have not been able to open in Cornerstone for a while. We’ve been using a workaround (editing in WP text editor) however this issue has become unbearable for my team who edits this page frequently. The only other suggested fix for this that I found in Support was to revert to an older workable archive. This solution is not possible for us due to daily backups we’ve had running for a while. The original page that was once working in Cornerstone is gone. We need to open this page in Cornerstone keeping its unique name/URL due to the numerous inbound links it has.

The inability to fix this seemingly small issue is hurting my team performance and morale and has us evaluating Elementor as a replacement. How can this page be purged of its apparent database association with Cornerstone and start anew?

I’ve tried recreating the page under a different name, deleting the original, and renaming the page back but it just will not open again in Cornerstone. (See the process here: https://www.screencast.com/t/BpVeiYaF)

Hi @colink,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing right now. This usually happens when a Cornerstone built page is edited out of Cornerstone. There are serialize data that are important in Cornerstone which is when edited out of the editor causes issues.

There could also be a plugin that might be causing the issue so kindly try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, try to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you do not have a backup of the page when it was still working correctly in Cornerstone, the quicker option would be to rebuild the page in Cornerstone editor and make sure that the content is not edited somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @colink,

In that case, would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note?

Thanks!