Cannot redefine property: Inflector (on Cornerstone load)

Greetings!

We are having an issue with one of our client sites, where Cornerstone will not load the visual mode. Instead, it will get to the point where the Cornerstone logo shows up and…pulsates, for lack of a better term…but will not bring the view up. Dev Tools shows an “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot redefine property: Inflector” error, stemming from the cs-vendor.js file. I have attempted to deactivate the plugins most likely responsible for some sort of conflict, to no avail. What do you think would cause this?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and tested editing some of your pages. I could not replicate any issues at all.
I can edit the page as expected and this is how I see it: http://prntscr.com/k32w9e

Does the issue occur in all pages or in just one particular page? Could you please tell us which page is that?

Meanwhile, please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and edit your site again.

Thanks.

Oh, my apologies! We’re running into the issue when attempting to edit any of the BOK custom post type entries in Cornerstone. We have not run into the issue on any of the main pages.

I just attempted to edit a BOK page in incognito mode, and ran into the same issue.

Thanks!

Hi There @launchcatapult

Upon further testing, I can confirm the issue when editing your BOK post types and I can see the following errors on the console log as well.

TypeError: can't redefine non-configurable property "Inflector"
Preview timeout

I see that your current PHP memeory limit is set to 256MiB. Could you please try increasing it by following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935).

Also your current PHP max script execution time is set to 60 seconds. Please increase it to a value like 120 or 300 by following this guide (https://www.simplified.guide/php/increase-max-execution-time).

Then re-test your issues and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

We just updated both of those elements, and we are still receiving that same error.

Hi There,

Please do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, try switching to the parent X theme, the culprit might be a customization you have on the child theme.

Let us know how it goes,
Thanks,

When I disable all other plugins (except Cornerstone, of course), I get a message saying that the preview does not include a </html> tag. Perhaps this is happening all the time and I just wasn’t getting that message before?

That said, I am no longer getting the Inflector error, so it appears that there is a gremlin in one of the plugins.

Also, when reactivating plugins, I discovered that the Restrict Content Pro plugin is what is triggering the error. I have a support ticket in with them at this point. But I’m still curious about the warning message that I’m getting.

Hi There @launchcatapult

It seems that you’re experiencing a conflict with Restrict Content Pro plugin. As we do not provide support for third party plugins, the best way is to escalate your issue through your plugin developer.

Thanks for understanding.

I understand, and have a ticket in with them regarding that.

However, do you have any thoughts regarding the lack of a closing </html> tag that I’m getting when all the plugins are deactivated?

Hi @launchcatapult,

In regards to the lack of closing html, usually, the problem shows if there is a caching plugin in your site or in your hosting and if you have added codes in your child theme or parent theme

You could contact your hosting if they have caching system installed for your setup even though you don’t have caching in your site installed.

Added code in your parent or child theme also causes this issue. Please test or removing it temporarily so you could know if there is a problem.

And if still not helping, please share us your FTP so we could check closer to your setup.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

You might want to check the links below:

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.