Cannot read property "toLowerCase" of undefined in jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js

Hi everyone,

This morning all our sliders don’t work.
In the inspector console appears this:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toLowerCase’ of undefined
at HTMLDivElement. (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.6.2:8)
at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at getNeededScripts (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.6.2:8)
at HTMLDivElement. (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.6.2:8)
at Function.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at a.fn.init.each (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
at a.fn.init.revolution (jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=5.4.6.2:8)
at HTMLDocument. ((index):677)
at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

Any idea?

Thank’s!!!

Hi There,

Can you confirm that you are fully updated? (Theme and Plugins)

You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site.

If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

I just had the same issue. Here’s what I think is going on:
if you have a slide that uses the youtube api to play a background video AND
you have another slide (or item on the page that lazy loads an iframe), then rev slider MAY throw this error.

In my case, I had another slide that was loading an iframe with a twitter feed. But it could truly be anything in the page that dynamically loads an iframe. It’s a bug in revslider. I haven’t reported it yet because I don’t have time. If you want to get this fixed, message the revslider folks and show them this thread. If they want to get in touch with me, they can at www.vandertech.com and I’d be happy to give any details to reproduce the issue.

Oddly, this slider was working yesterday, so I think some other plugin, theme, or core got updated which created this conflict. Still, it’s revslider’s code which is bombing, so they need to add something to deal with multiple scenarios.

NOTE: I’m not using the X theme on the site where this happened, thus it’s not an issue with X.

Thanks for chiming in and sharing your experience, @jrevillini.

@vpuiggali, please also try the tips from this article.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.