Cannot modify article with pro following upgrade xpro to pro

Hello

1. problem 1

I’ve just upgraded one of my blogs from X pro to pro and for a reason I can no longer edit the articles with pro. The option has disappeared as you can see on this picture.

1. problem 2 (even before ugrading)

The raw code doesn’t display the pictures with the option to buy books on Amazon on the article https://coursanglaisnantes.fr/ressources-variees-pour-apprendre-langlais/les-meilleurs-livres-de-grammaire-anglaise-et-de-conjugaison/

Can you please help?

Hi @COURSPARTICULIERS,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue, but I’m not sure what causing this yet. And let’s try this first

I ) Please make sure post editing is allowed by turning it on this section in Admin > X or Pro > Settings

II ) Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Else, please provide your login credentials in a secure note so we could directly check it.

Thanks.

thank you for your answer.
Problem is solved :slight_smile: I’ve just allowed post editing as it was not turned on anymore indeed.

Problem 2 seems difficult for me to solve. I’m a mere teacher not an engineer :frowning: Can you provide me some simple solution?

Hey There,

​To assist you better with the issue #2, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

Thank you.

hi
I’ve just sent them to you in my previous answer
thank you

Hi @COURSPARTICULIERS,

Looks like it’s security related as all iframes are being blocked. Example, I created a test page in standard editor (not builder) and it’s not being displayed too.

I recommend disabling your site’s security for now too and test it again.

Thanks!

I’ll reply in a secure note

Hi @COURSPARTICULIERS,

Yes, that’s what I’m referring and that’s the problem, the iframe isn’t working and could be being blocked by your site’s or host’s security. Hence, it’s not saving or renders the iframe.

The content of those raw elements is just iframe, no text or links.

I disabled your security plugin (I activated it again) but looks like it’s not the culprit, I recommend contacting your host about this issue and provide the video in the secure note.

Thanks!

I will send a message and the video to my host immediately. Thank you

Thanks @COURSPARTICULIERS make sure to keep us updated about this issue.

My host said they don’t block iframes and this may be due to Wordpress itself. They recommended to modify the functions.php file as shown here :
https://www.tastyplacement.com/wordpress-stripping-iframe-elements-heres-the-fix which I did but nothing has changed :frowning:
Can you help?

Hi There,

It seems the classic raw content element stripping the iframe elements.

I’ve added iframe code to text element it’s working fine:

Please add all your iframe codes to the text element instead.

Regards!

1 Like

perfect! It’s working indeed. Thank you :slight_smile:
Is there a way to edit the name of the sections? It seems that it’s no longer possible with the pro version…

Hi There,

I was able to change the name of sections and I couldn’t replicate this issue on my local installation.

Did you change the password? I couldn’t login anymore. Would you mind providing us with your admin password again?

Thank you.

yes I had to change it a few minutes ago because I’m modifying the blog so if you do some changes at the same time it will cause bugs.
Can you just tell me how to change the name of sections please? I used to click on the sections names in the previous version and now I don’t know where to find this function.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi There,

You should be able to change the name of sections like that. Did you see any error messages in the console log? If yes, please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the step above and resend us with your admin account.

Thanks.

I found the solution. Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

You’re most welcome! That’s weird, I have tried it on text element too and it wasn’t working so I recorded it on standard text editor to make sure it’s not builder related. But glad it’s okay now, cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.