Cannot make a static homepage, showing only blog index

I am using Ethos layout from X theme and Cornerstone Customizer. I cannot find settings to change to a static homepage. It is showing my blog index page as my home page.

Please help!

Hello @BryanSwinehart,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can select A static page (select below) > Homepage under Settings > Reading. https://screencast.com/t/dZ7FajW53ky

Thanks.

My settings > reading (page) looks like this…it doesn’t have those options?!

Hey @BryanSwinehart,

That doesn’t look like a standard WordPress setup. Or, a third party plugin could be overriding Reading Settings. Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If after doing that the issue persists, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

Hi there,

As you are using the wordpress.com service the settings to change the homepage to a static one is different. Please check this article for more information:

Thank you.

That’s the frustrating part… I have been told this (and read this) many different times… but that is not an option on my customizer window. I am using (or was using until I deactivated it - Cornerstone). I cannot find any place to save a “static homepage.”

Hi there,

That is strange. I installed 2 other themes and the option is not there for those themes either. Please kindly contact the Wordpress.com support and ask about this as what I see it is not related to our theme and other themes have the same issue for your installation.

It is indeed correct that if you import the Ethos 1 demo the default home is set to blog listing and not a static page. It seems that the demo did that internally with the code of the importing, but you do not have a way to change that setting on your installation.

I think the best way will be that you ask the case in the Wordpress.com Support website.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.