Cannot Log Into Cornerstone to Edit Site

Hi! We recently upgraded our site to using X Theme. A new installation of Wordpress was installed in a subfolder and the X theme was installed and validated.

The site works lovely with the redirect. However, now we are having issues both logging in, as well as publishing new pages, viewing drafts, and editing pages in Cornerstone. Our previous site was set up with the same settings, albeit with a different directory, but the forwarding, etc. worked fine with it. However, we were not using Cornerstone, nor the X theme.

Please find below details on our Wordpress installation and plugins used and activated. All are up to date, unless indicated otherwise.:

Wordpress Version: 5.1.1
X theme version: 6.5.5
Classic Editor - Version 1.4 (Installed after had issues using the Block editor for pages. It works to edit in the classic editor, but not ideal, as we would like to be able to visually edit using Cornerstone.)
Cornerstone - Version 3.5.4
Email forms - Version 2.0.3
Layerslider WP - Version 6.8.2 - no license activation (Update available, but from what I understood, we should not update, so as avoid issues with the X theme. Is this correct?)
Modern Events Calendar - Version 3.5.2 (Update available, but from what I understood, we should not update, so as avoid issues with the X theme. Is this correct?)
Sermon Manager for Wordpress - Version 2.15.15

We have tried multiple computers, with multiple browsers, as well as clearing cache, cookies, and trying in Incognito mode to create a new page and publish. Among error messages received are: “Publishing failed” when trying to publish a new page using the Block Editor on the Wordpress dashboard, when pressing on Preview from the create a new page in the Wordpress dashboard there is just a loading screen.

I believe the primary issue lies in the redirect/forward, as we are experiencing a redirect login loop when pressing on Cornerstone. After clicking on Cornerstone, we are redirected to the login page. After trying to log in again, we are redirected again to the login page.

Going to the original wp-admin address at times takes several attempts to finally login to the dashboard as well.

Can you please take a look and see if you can help us remedy this issue?

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if there is any additional information that you need.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for writing in! If you’re ready to go live, I would suggest you to migrate your site to the root domain by following our migration guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126).

Then disable any redirection rules that you have added and test your issue again.

Please make sure to clear all caches when testing your issue (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, please provide us with your WordPress login credentials along with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.