Cannot load Cornerstone

Hi, after updating to the lastest version, I cannot edit my pages with cornerstone. I get this error:

A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.

Already tried desactiving some plugins and even checked if the https://… is correct in Wordpress settings, but nothing helps.

The site: https://anastasiablogger.com

What can be the problem? Thank you.

Hi,

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.” in general is a generalized error message that can mean one of many things. Please make sure to read the following thoroughly and follow all steps outlined.

The message can be caused by the following:

A plugin conflict. This could be a new plugin you’ve recently added or it can be a plugin that has recently updated and introduced a javascript error or similar in the front-end output. Please deactivate all plugins apart from Cornerstone and see if the error still exists. If it doesn’t. Reactivate all plugins one by one until the issue happens again. That then means plugin “ex” caused the error.

Incorrect setup of SSL. If you have an SSL certificate on your site. You should have the WordPress Site URL and Address URL settings set to HTTPS if you are loading the builder via HTTPS. This can be checked via your wp-admin > general > settings. If you aren’t using SSL you can ignore this step.

Caching. If you have a caching plugin activated or any form of server side caching please disable it to test for any possible conflicts. If you have server side caching or aren’t sure if you do, your host should be able to advise of this and disable it for testing purposes on your account.

Cloudflare. If you are using Cloudflare please disable this for testing purposes. Cloudflare by default enables an auto minfication function to compress the JS and CSS files of the theme. As the theme already serves minified files, re-minifying said files only causes to break the entire site.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.

Thanks!

Tried it. Still no luck. What else can I do?

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks!

Sure.

Logins:

Hi There,

I have logged into your site and can confirm your issue. Could you please try doing the following changes and see if that helps.

Try increasing your PHP memory allocation. You can do this by adding the following lines into your wp-config.php file located in the root if your WordPress installation.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Sometimes, hosting providers does not allow to override these settings, in that case you can contact them directly.

Also increase your PHP Max Execution Time to 300. You should be able to change this settings through your web hosting control panel. Check for PHP settings OR PHP INI settings in the control panel.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Already did both. Increased memory limit and edited the php.ini

Still not working… Or else can I do?

Please, need some urgent help with this issue. :\

Sorry for the third reply, but I have in total 5 copies of x-theme, two of them that I’ve updated give me problems like this, my personal site, nunosilva.pt gives this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Cornerstone_Plugin_Base

Already erased Cornerstone from the FTP and installed again and still the same problem.

Also, in the company where I work we have 3 copies of X-Theme in which I cannot make updates because after making update to the new “X”, the sites got all broken and for now I have to keep them as it is since they have a lot of traffic.

I’m getting really disapointed with this new update. 5 copies, 5 problems. Can someone help me with this? At least with this thread problem, please?

Hi There,

Upon investigating your issue further, I see that the problem with your child theme. You have basically installed the Pro child theme for this X theme. Now the Cornerstone editor is functioning properly.

With regard to your other site issues, you can open up a new thread.

Thanks!

Thank you for your help. Though, in the future please ask me before removing things from the site. I had Google Tag Manager there and lost everything for a day.

But now I have X version, not the Pro version. My license if for Pro. How can I make the switch without breaking the site?

Hi There,

My apologies for that. Your child theme was broken, so that I had to remove it to correct your issue.

If you want to switch to Pro, you need to convert your license first. Please refer to the following article (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/x-to-pro-conversion/104).

Thanks!

I do have the PRO version already. It was converted in July. It says PRO in my licenses dashboard.

Hello There,

I have checked your site and you are still using X theme. Even if your license is already in Pro, you will still have to download Pro theme from here (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard) and install it as a separate theme. All X settings will be taken when Pro theme is installed. You might need to check the Pro settings after its active.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.