Cannot Launch Pro Header and Footer Editor

I have been working on my site for several weeks. I have been getting my content corrected in the cornerstone page builder, this is a redesign of a large site. When I first started using X-Theme I did have issue opening and was able to open both the header and footer to create. So I know I can get to the editor. However, as of recently, I cannot open either the header or footer editor and I have deactivated all plugins and still will not open.

I see this as a huge problem, I would like to build into my footer and header to be able to add and change info/content. So once I lanch my redesign site I will not be able to deactivate all the plugins to add content. So I need to find a solution before my lanch date of February 1st.

I desperately need help. Thanks.

http://hoopsministry.com/sports

Hi Bret,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site and couldn’t find any error on the front-end, can you please check for the following first:

1. Ensure WordPress is up to date and the installed PHP version is at least 7.2. You can verify this via Pro > Status

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

3. Keep all third party plugins deactivated while testing.

4. Increase your allocated memory by adding this code in your wp-config.php (also see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935)

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

If you still have problems then kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

All the best!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey Bret,

Thanks for providing us with credentials. I’ve logged in and loaded the header builder and saw 2 Internal Server Errors in the console.

The first error is commonly caused by Mod Security restriction. Please contact your web host and ask them if they’re using Mod Security or some kind of security system and tell them to whitelist cornerstone-endpoint.

For the second error, a lot of factors can cause it but I’d just like to clarify that this is not caused by our theme. This is a hosting issue and you will have problems with plugins that uses live preview or needs AJAX to function. Please contact your web host to review the server error logs so they can make proper adjustments to their server configuration to fix the mentioned errors.

Once those errors are cleared by your web host and the issue persists, please give us FTP access also.

If you have problems replying, please open a separate thread and post the URL of this thread for reference.

Hope that helps.

1 Like