Cannot launch a page after changing it's name

Hi,
I have changed a page’s name and updated the menu which contained a link for the old name of it to refer to the new name.
Now I end up with a blank page with Pro’s editing tools popup when I click the menu item. “Howdy! What would you like to launch?”
What am I missing?
Thank you.

Hi There @tbingel

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try re-setting your .htaccess file by re-generating your permalink settings and see if that resolves your issue.

Head over to Settings -> Permalinks section, then select the options Postname and save the changes to re-generate your permalink settings.

Also make sure that you’re fully updated by cross referencing our version information here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache before testing your site again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,
I have refreshed the permalink type with post name again.
All versions are the latest.
Hosting cache is automatically cleared after each change in the code. I did clear manually too, though.
Those did not help.
Thank you.

Hey @tbingel,

I could not replicate this in my test site. I’ve changed a page name and even its permalink and it still can be edited with Pro.

Would you mind showing us or provide specific details on how you changed the page name? What else did you change and what was the old name? Also provide us with the URL of the page having this issue and access to your WordPress Admin in a Secure Note

Thanks.

Hello,
the issue was not whether I could edit the page. It was the fact that after changing the page name and the relevant menu link aforementioned Pro interface page is displayed instead of the actual page.
The URL is houseofgusto.com
Please do click on the Pro menu item to see this.
Afterwards I will provide you with the access credentials for the admin.
Thank you.

Hey @tbingel,

The reason why you get this issue is because you use pro as your page slug. Out of the box, the Pro theme uses it as the base URL for its interface.

I’d also like to add that to minimize our response time, provide the URL of the problem page the moment you open a new thread. If the problem requires that we access your WordPress admin, also add the credentials in a Secure Note. This time, I have managed to get your credentials in your other thread. That will get harder in the future if you have more threads.

Hope that helps.

This solved my problem.
Thank you.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.