Cannot insert short codes for buttons

Hi

It appears it’s no longer possible to insert short codes for buttons whether it’s in PRO page builder or in text widgets?

I also found this support article, but there is no SETTINGS in my version of PRO (I’m using the latest version - march 2018)

Is this true?

Hello There,

Are you referring to the shortcode generator next to the add media button? You can enable it in Pro > Settings > Show Legacy Shortcode Generator.
Not reccomended. The old shortcode generator does not work for new elements, and is now hidden by default. This setting will bring it back if you wish to continue using it with old elements.

And if you need to manually insert the button shortcode, please check out the shortcode and how it works from here: http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/buttons/

Hope this helps.

Thanks Nel, you have described my exact problem, unfortunately not a solution :frowning:

I can’t insert ANY short code for buttons - I tried:

• in Wordpress’ normal text editor
  • In Pro’s own text editor
  • in a Widget

AND I couldn’t access any PRO settings, as they are not visible.

In this case, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

I’m not sure why you have two Pro menu under your admin menus when that should not be the case (see Secure Note). This tells us there’s something wrong with your setup. One of your plugins might also have a “Pro” menu name. It could also be a problem with how you installed or updated Pro. Try reinstalling Pro and deactivate all third party plugins to see which one is causing the issue.

The Legacy Shortcode Generator option is in the second Pro menu.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.