Cannot import extended theme, standard theme is useless

I bought the standard license yesterday, but I cannot import any extended themes. It shows error every time. I tested many times on local and a2hosting.com. See attachment.

The reason I bought this theme is that I like the renew-1 theme. But I can only import a single home page, that is far far away from the demo. I will require complete dummy files for this theme.

If the developer cannot solve the two problems. A prompt refund will be also accepted.

Hello there,

We’d recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP if you haven’t done so already. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

And also make sure that you have the following on your server configuration:

For more demo content troubleshooting and guidance, please check out the bottom aspect of the following page: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-demo-content/56

I hope this helps.

Firstly it doe not work.
Secondly, http://themeco-demo-content.s3.amazonaws.com/x/ is a wrong link.
Thirdly, you did not answer all my questions and my problem is not solved.
I do not want to waste time anymore. The only solution I seek now is a prompt refund.

Hello @zaicom,

We are sorry that above solutions didnt worked out for you. Let me address your questions one at a time:

1. Renew-1 demo stack: It’s well communicated via our knowledgebase, social media channels and our forum that X Theme has two kind of demo contents i.e Standard and Expanded. With Standard demo like Renew 1, you get home page layout, placeholder images and Theme options panel settings. Standard demo contents gives you framework to build upon if you are looking for complete control on the website development process. On the other hand Expanded Demo contents provide you with a fully functioning website. I suggest you to refer our demo contents article for more information:
  1. We have developed our products using the guidelines laid out by WordPress community. In that regards most of the times our products works absolutely fine. However there can be instances wherein users can face potential niggles and for that reason we are here to help you to the best of our abilities. We go above and beyond the scope of support to help our customers as we treat X Theme and Pro as a platform on top of WordPress using which you can create great and complex websites, like Ecommerce portal, community forum etc. As a platform provider it’s our responsibility to help customers to have a better presence on internet, it’s that’s the reason why we take pride in providing quality customer support. On the other hand before releasing any update or new product we perform extensive testing internally and with community members on various development environments, hosting infrastructure to iron out the issues that arises. But there can be instances wherein customer faces issues with the products and most of the time error messages like failed to import demo arises because hosting companies have their own setup that are not compatible with WordPress guidelines and things don’t work as they should. That’s the reason why @jordanj suggested you few solutions more importantly the latter ones where in he recommended you to get in touch with hosting company as they are related with the server configurations. Here is the link that you can refer for more information, especially Contact your host section https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-validation-connection-issues/201

With that being said, while importing demo contents, do you see any error message showing up in browser console? As that will help us to troubleshoot the problem.

I would also like to let you know that we distribute X Theme on Themeforest and we fall under there terms and condition. If you insist on getting a refund, please refer following post:

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.