Cannot Edit or Update Old Blogposts in Cornerstone

I’m trying to go through and update and reconstruct some old blogposts that are still relevant performing well. However, each time I go to save the progress it fails to save and I get a big red blot that says “Uh-oh, failed to save.” When I go to the dashboard and try to simply “Update” it, I get an error message saying “This site is experiencing technical difficulties, please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

I have yet to receive any such email.

Yet when I go to update some pages (such as the home page), that updates without any problems. So the error doesn’t appear to be site-wide.

Any clue as to what may be causing this?

Hi @ConjuringMind,

Thank you for writing in, please do the following

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

That worked perfectly. As it turned out, it was one measly “archived status” plugin that was the culprit. I was able to work around it and update everything as needed.

Thanks so much!

You’re welcome!
We’re glad @Friech were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.