Cannot Edit in Cornerstone / x child theme

Hello,

I have made a child theme in order to have a very simple custom header and footer.

I’ve setup the header and footer as mentioned in the X support docs. Though, when I view a page (let’s say home page) to edit in Cornerstone, I’m unable to drag any elements over in Cornerstone to build a page.

What is this issue? Please help!

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you your reply…

I have completed the steps above and it appears the issue remains.

Would you be able to assist?

Hi again,

I checked your setup and it looks like you have an old version of PHP installed on your server i.e 5.5.13 - We recommend a minimum PHP version of 5.6. You need to contact your host to update the PHP version.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve placed the request mentioned above to our host, and they stated 5.5.13 is for all their customers and at this time it cannot be changed. I understand these are recommended settings, but not required.

If it helps anyone in the future, I looked into the header and footer x-child and was able to solve the issue by removing the items below:

We are glad that you fixed the issue on your end.
Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.