Cannot edit content (cant see it to edit it)

Strange bug here…I want to edit Content, and when I click on the content I see it, but when I click into the content to edit it disappears and leaves me only with Header and Footer. FYI both header and footer are global

See video of issue here

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please confirm that you have updated to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 2.2.5
  • X theme 6.2.5
  • Cornerstone 3.2.5

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/).

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

If you are already updated, please provide us some access to your WP site so that we can investigate your issue.

Please let us know how it goes.

Pro theme 2.2.5
Dont have X theme
Dont have Cornerstone

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I have logged in and check the page. I found out that you inserted invalid html codes:

The correct one should be:

<h2><ul>You Might Enjoy...</ul></h2>

I have accessed this because I used the skeleton mode. For the meantime, you can use the skeleton mode to edit the page for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Please make sure that there are no empty columns. You may remove it if it is not needed and make sure that all your html code is valid and correct.

​We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

It did NOT work after removing that error and deleting an empty column

Hi Jonathan,

Upon further investigation, it seems the culprit of the issue is the [display-posts] shortcode that is on Content Area Modal on your Header.

Regretfully, there is nothing we can do about it. Please comment out that shortcode temporarily when you edit your content.

Thank you for understanding,

Thanks. I would like to share the issue with the Developer Bill Erickson who is an advanced software publisher like yourselves. You can also email Bill at bill.erickson@gmail.com. What was happening? What probelem was it creating?

Cool, you can also save and send him your header and page template so he can see the issue first hand.

Template Manager

Have a nice day,

Well I can’t do that because it wouldn’t render

Hi @friech,

In that case, I recommend letting him check the issue since it’s related to the shortcode. Is he the developer of that shortcode?

Thanks!

Response form the developer is:

My guess is it’s a theme-specific issue that they will need to resolve inside their theme.

This plugin follows the WordPress best practices for conducting queries. Any issues you have are due to a theme or another plugin not following WordPress best practices.

Hello @asbell,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

I am adding the same to our issue tracker. However, please note that I can’t guarantee problem will get addresses as it’s a third party plugin and more importantly upon removing the shortcode things are working fine.

Thanks.

Hello Prasant. I understand. It may be important to know that this plugin has a base of users numbering in the hundreds of thousands

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.