Cannot edit / add text within cornerstone

Hi there,
When I try to edit my page
And click images to edit I’ve came up with this and unless I click “save preset” every single time, i will not be able to access the editing section.

However my main issue is When I try to edit any text all I see is the loading circle up and it never loads anything. The design, text and customise links are clickable but shows nothing at all.

I know there were several issues like this one I’ve read all and tried these

1. updated anything possible. Checked if there is an issue about other plugins etc = seems none
    but none worked
  2. installed SG Optimizer and flushed => Nothing changed
  3. edited config.php with
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

=>i still have the issue

Please help
Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, in that case, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Thank you in advance

Hey @duckman,

This looks like an issue with your PHP version. Have you changed PHP version lately. Please try reverting to PHP 7 or PHP 5.6 just to see if it fixes the issue. If that doesn’t help, we would need FTP access. Setting a time or IP limit is not feasible because we could not guarantee a specific time when we will be answering your thread and also support staff are server from different countries and are using dynamic IP so the IP varies.

Thanks.

Hi again,

After you suggested to change php version I’ve changed it to 5.6 and 7.0 and the issue still continues. I’ve had another issue with the server and now it is solved and thought that may be the cause but it was not, as the same issue continues. (it is 7.0 at the moment now)

Today I’ve updated X theme to 6.0.4 and updated cornerstone as well but same continues.

I found a way to keep the ftp access open for a week or more so below this message you’ll see the ftp details as secure note. Thanks in advance

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, this looks like a plugin conflict or a corrupted X or Cornerstone. That loading animation should be on the lower-right, not on the upper-left. Have you done a plugin test already? Please clear and deactivate your site’s caching feature (if any) and do a test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If it’s not a plugin conflict, please reinstall your X and Cornerstone. To do that you can follow the Manual X Update Via FTP guide provided here.

Let us know how it goes!

I did a plugin test though redo it as both your theme and the plugins are updated yesterday. And will inform you.
Thanks

You were right,
the issue was caused by a fontawesome plugin, I needed to use that because the x-icon list is not covering most of font-awesome icons :confused:
May be I should use from that list only

Hi there,

I suggest that you consider using the new plugin which might be handy:

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.